Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes to show how LOW VB.com is... waiting till the last second to drop this bomb...

ScrewInternetBrands.com <---- Coming soon, we can have a mass VB license burn off

I think the huge / speedy replies here show just how much support you guys @ XF have.. and honestly.. it's called "PROGRESS" not "INFRINGEMENTS".. things only get better because people learn from MISTAKES (vBulletin 4).... Well i am in for a license or two.

It is great to hear the confidence we heard from XenForo team. Good luck with the law suite and i wish you will win this with minimum damage.

I think, the investment bankers at IB have simply underestimated the mechanism of the www. ;)
Unfortunately this type of lawsuits can quickly kill a small company... It's much cheaper for them that it would be for XF even if XF wins consider the bittersweet taste left in Kier, Mike and others when a happy moment as going beta should have had and turns into the stress of not knowing what will happen next and whether they'll win or not...

I am very disappointed at IB.... litigation is the way of the dying breed, hope it is sooner rather than later

internet Brands today has commenced a lawsuit in the courts of England and Wales against Xenforo
96800351.gif

I've just read this entire thread and I am quite literally shocked but having thought about it not surprised at all.

Kier, Mike and Ashley - Hope you can hold it all together guys. It must be a very intimidating position to be in. Let me know if I can help.

IB - I shall be making a departure from vB a little earlier than expected which will be a shame for our users as we will lose some functionality of plugins - we may even lose a little sponsor revenue. However, I would much rather this than to spend another second with you longer than necessary. I feel quite safe that the number of vBulletin mod developers you have alienated in this process will make a double effort to support xenForo's developer community to expedite an exodus of your customers to a field with greener grass in it - your field stinks.

Suddenly I feel like the smartest person the planet. Why? Because I dumped all but 1 of of my vB licenses a few weeks ago. Thanks Floris for your marketplace! ;)

I'm simply appalled at the action IB has chosen to take; it shows nothing but weakness on their part.

I don't want to speculate, coming up with one defense or another for each party. To me, however, I honestly think the suit will have no standing ground, especially when you take into account the fact that the claim in IB's statement was "copyright infringement" when very clearly there is no possible way for anyone at IB to have legally obtained the XF code at the present time.

Also, let me just take this moment to publicly say that I'm done with IB. I refuse to support any company with such poor ethics; I put them on the same level as supporting Lucifer, the Father of All Lies. I will continue with my planned purchase of XF tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom