Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is the intention, but when it comes to corporate battles in the UK it isn't "he who shouts loudest wins" which tends to be the case in some US cases/courts...

Hmm, yet, how do we know the UK court is going to handle this? And not the US ones?

Let's not start insulting the courts eh?
Its totally true however, and I live in California.

Even if they had sued in California, the only breaches of contract they could have used (Without providing evidence) would have been thrown out of court due to them not being upheld here.

Let's not start insulting the courts eh?

I'll try not to. Its hard though when some of the stuff you read just makes you facepalm because someone found a loophole and the case should have been dismissed instantly as a waste of time.

But yea, XF will come out of this even stronger!

*yawns, rolls over, continues with plans to purchase XF*

Sounds to me like someone forgot to get Kier and Mike to sign a no-compete contract and are grasping at straws now ^.^

IB is going to look like idiots in court.

#1 how can you state someone copied you.. when they haven't released their data.

#2 They won't win this case at all. I don't see any real resemblance with vB.

IB will get their ass laid out on the floor.

Its called a Bleed and is the rough equivalent to kicking your opponent in the nuts because you are concerned you may lose a fist fight. The tactic is generally employed by large firms with much deeper pockets than the defendants. The strategy is to bury your opponent in legals, make them spend their money and time fighting your claims until they eventually cave under the stress and defence costs.

I suspect IB have been sitting on prototype code or design concepts from when K&M were employed and have been waiting for the best moment to play their card.

Then again, I (like everyone) am just ass-u-me(ing) based on the rather embarrassing timing of the filing.

Makes me wish I was a lawyer (instead of just playing one on forums).

Anything that is said at this point is pure speculation.

I think it's fair to say that the only 2 people who fully understand the code on both platforms are unable to comment, for obvious reasons.

I'm sure that an announcement will be forthcoming from Ashley, Kier and Mike at some point once they have decided on a course of action.

#1 how can you state someone copied you.. when they haven't released their data.

What Copy? Xenforo is, as far as i can see, completly different to vbulletin.they are just going this way cause they are pissed and frightend that maybe a lot will move over to xenforo.
Very very bad move IB.... Very bad

I'm sure that an announcement will be forthcoming from Ashley, Kier and Mike at some point once they have decided on a course of action

Would be better to get it soon, before releasing the Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom