Internal Server Error

Ryan Kent

I ftp'd all my RC3 files from the upload folder to my XF install folder (community). When complete I went to http://terapvp.com/community/install/ and received the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@terapvp.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I assume this means the FTP process needs to be repeated?

Using 3.3.5.1 I tried to update and it said I was using latest one. I never noticed the tabs at the bottom but now I see what you are referring to. Thanks for pointing that out. It will be a lot easier the watching the xfer process looking for red :)

My update process is going now so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks!

eek.png
good to know, I just used it for the first time with the install of these forums based on someone else's recommendation. I'll check out FireFTP.

The ftp issue I experienced seemed to not be a factor. At the time, I did not know that and contacted my host via the ticket system. They replied "There wasn't much you could do on your end. You and some others just happen to upload at the same time. There were some users that were abusing the service but are no longer affecting FTP. At this time everything has been resolved."

I appreciate their candid response.

For the record, FileZilla is the worst FTP program I have ever used.

I always get errors with it and have gone back to FireFTP.
Agreed, FileZilla does error out on transfers frequently. I've just gotten use to retrying failed attempts with the process previously mentioned.

I haven't tried FireFTP - I too will have to give it a try.

--Ed

Top Bottom