XF 2.0 Internal Server Error Upgrading from XF 1.5 to XF 2.0

kingjavo

After uploading the XF 2.0 files and navigating to https://www.simheads.com/install I'm receiving the below error. It prompted me to enter admin credentials and then threw this error. Any thoughts?

There's nothing in the server logs on cPanel, unless I need to go somewhere else...

1526400004762.webp

You should upload and navigate to the requirements test script in the first instance:

https://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

That will tell us if there's anything missing that we need.

Aside from that, your host will be better placed to troubleshoot this as, unfortunately, this kind of error indicates a lower level server issue and logs will be required to debug it.

You should still be able to upload the requirements script and try it.

These are the requirements:

XenForo System Requirements
  • PHP: 5.4.0+ (PHP 7.2.0+ recommended)
  • MySQL: 5.5+ (MariaDB / Percona also compatible)
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, cURL, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • Common PHP functions must not be disabled

That's all good, I'm sure. But our requirements test script may well pinpoint any specific extensions that might be missing or outdated.

MySQL is on 5.6.23

My server error logs are saying directory "login" no such file or directory.
Something like that wouldn't cause an internal server error.

Hopefully your host will be able to see more in their own logs to find out exactly what the "Internal Server Error" actually is.

Seems like the install folder was password protected... not sure how? It's unlocked and the install is working now. Do I need to lock it again? Just don't understand how it got locked in the first place like those other folders you see here.

1526401787771.webp

You don’t have to uninstall add ons before upgrading. We disable them automatically and if there are XF2 versions of those add ons you can upgrade them.

Top Bottom