Interest in a XenForo specific iphone/android app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't surprise in the least.. That what tax returns are for. :) Although i have very few requirements. Possibly run it across your guy.. Perhaps he would like the work?

Let me know ill go in with you, im so sick of tapatalk!

While I don't make any sort of income from the community I run (and it's still small), I'd be willing to throw at least a couple hundred in to this myself upfront. I really would love to see a dedicated XenForo mobile app up and running.

I'm looking something like Pushover, with my own branding as well as viewing the site in-app. Basically, just loading the responsive version of the XF site in the app, because it looks neat.

It'd be great if the code was there and we could just plug in our details and rebrand it.

Would be willing to pay quite a bit for this!

Honestly the push notifications is all I care about. The solutions for that are Pushover or Pushbullet. Pushbullet app is free (right now) so that's a plus but at first glance, I don't really like it that much, the UI leaves a blah taste. The addon for it is $50/year, eh. Pushover is $5 for the app and that's where the users start to complain, but I really like it, and Chris D's addon is like $15, but then you have a per-push price over X amount, buy more and they roll over, etc.

All I want is an app that give me the push straight to the site on my mobile. If TT took my suggestion and had a setting to take push notifications from swipe -> TT app -> direct to mobile browser as either 1) admin choice for all users or 2) admin allows users to choose, that would be smart.

Honestly the push notifications is all I care about. The solutions for that are Pushover or Pushbullet. Pushbullet app is free (right now) so that's a plus but at first glance, I don't really like it that much, the UI leaves a blah taste. The addon for it is $50/year, eh. Pushover is $5 for the app and that's where the users start to complain, but I really like it, and Chris D's addon is like $15, but then you have a per-push price over X amount, buy more and they roll over, etc.

All I want is an app that give me the push straight to the site on my mobile. If TT took my suggestion and had a setting to take push notifications from swipe -> TT app -> direct to mobile browser as either 1) admin choice for all users or 2) admin allows users to choose, that would be smart.
Pushbullet is free and similar to Pushover (and has different functionality as well) I currently use both.

My main issue/downside with Pushbullet is that they require you to sign up with Google or Facebook (I used my Google Account) to get access. I might be able to find a way to get a WebView client on Android if that's all we are wanting..

Edit: Looks like WebView is fairly simple on Android.

I was right.. WebView is fairly simple to implement.. still toying with the concept.. Not my ideal app though..

Update:
While web view works pretty decently I'm not 100% thrilled about it.. Also, I would upload some images to this (or link them but I don't think I have the perms for it.

Last edited:
I want the push notifications too :)
Hi @Sam Pearson
There is an android webview application with push notifications and admob enabled ...
you need to purchase that and do some minor changes,
it require some simple modifications with android studio ..!!

I have tried one.. and its working perfectly for xenforo :)
I got that from codecanyon.

Hi @Sam Pearson
There is an android webview application with push notifications and admob enabled ...
you need to purchase that and do some minor changes,
it require some simple modifications with android studio ..!!

I have tried one.. and its working perfectly for xenforo :)
I got that from codecanyon.

Eh, I'm working on designing and then implementing a native Android app. You loose a decent bit of stuff when you are only rending a web page. I honestly wasn't going to make one that was native and started out with WebView based stuff myself but the more I'm thinking and doing the more that I realize that the native approach will work better (For me).

If someone is good with PHP and wants to extend an API that already exists (I'm looking at [bd] API) that'd enable push notices for it in a true push notice sense (it's sent using Googles servers) and thus uses less battery than if I was to poll for changes and notices.

A simple app to push only notifications and private conversations, read and post in the board. (just that, simple, clean and easy)(nothing fancy) Would be really great. Nowadays an app is essential.
I'll be glad to support with money something like that.

I would love a native application for my forum. I don't want to use Tapatalk but sadly many users use it for my site.

Just an update,

Speaking with a dev on this following some thoughts/ideas. We are currently drawing up some plans, but price wise we are looking at

$10 a month for a shared native app with self styling
$15 a month for a forum-specific app with self styling
$25 a month for a forum-specific branded app (kind of white label).

These prices would be yearly paid for in advance. There would be no free version.

Now the kicker:

The price to develop and maintain a quality app for both android and ios is high. As such there will need to be a croudfund to make this happen. However given the disaster of every previous croudfund, there is a condition I insisted on with the dev and that is whilst all payments will be collected, no funds will be released until such time that both the android and ios apps are tested and verified by a good selection of forums. The dev understands this is a non-negotiable condition.

Once again, with the above pricing in mind, if people would message me with the version they are interested in, it will allow me to assess if this is viable.

Thankyou.

Just an update,

Speaking with a dev on this following some thoughts/ideas. We are currently drawing up some plans, but price wise we are looking at

$10 a month for a shared native app with self styling
$15 a month for a forum-specific app with self styling
$25 a month for a forum-specific branded app (kind of white label).

These prices would be yearly paid for in advance. There would be no free version.

Now the kicker:

The price to develop and maintain a quality app for both android and ios is high. As such there will need to be a croudfund to make this happen. However given the disaster of every previous croudfund, there is a condition I insisted on with the dev and that is whilst all payments will be collected, no funds will be released until such time that both the android and ios apps are tested and verified by a good selection of forums. The dev understands this is a non-negotiable condition.

Once again, with the above pricing in mind, if people would message me with the version they are interested in, it will allow me to assess if this is viable.

Thankyou.
im working on native app that will be released for IOS in 2-3 weeks..android in 3 months...interested to see how yours will look...some screenshots
upload_2015-11-10_22-36-55.webp

upload_2015-11-10_22-37-20.webp

im working on native app that will be released for IOS in 2-3 weeks..android in 3 months...interested to see how yours will look...some screenshots

I would suggest making your own thread to promote your own app.

This one is to discuss the features and functionality that the one I am discussing with a dev team. I will split your post if you wish.

I would suggest making your own thread to promote your own app.

This one is to discuss the features and functionality that the one I am discussing with a dev team. I will split your post if you wish.
No no my app is strictly for my forum. I was just merely showing you how im going at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom