1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Insufficient privileges. Even for myself on my own post.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by ix2013, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ix2013

ix2013 Member

I was having trouble setting the registered group to reply to posts in my announcements forum but then I realized even I couldn't reply to it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. ix2013

ix2013 Member

I set Allow in both parent and child though.

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Double check your group permissions and make sure that none of them have Never in it. Once Never is set, it doesn't get bypassed, even by specifically granting it at the node level from what I understand. Pretty good rule of thumb is to never use never.

5. ix2013

ix2013 Member

Just double checked. None of the group permissions have never set for post replies.

6. ix2013

ix2013 Member

I also just realized I can't post new threads to my announcements forum. The other category works fine.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you happen to uncheck "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" within your Announcement forums settings?

8. ix2013

ix2013 Member

That was it.

9. ix2013

ix2013 Member

One more related question. What is the point of inherit for a parent node? If that is selected, what is actually granted?

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Inherit for a parent node (if it is a root node and not a child itself) inherits from user group permissions.