1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing XenForo on Plesk

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by GetParanoid, Jan 19, 2013.

1. GetParanoid

GetParanoid Member

Hello XenForo Community,
    Recently my old website was hacked and we were forced to move to Plesk for our website. I hva e generally quick question about installation. I have the XenForo upload contents in the directory:
    Code:
    var / www / vhosts / default / htdocs 
    When I go to install it, all I get is a blank screen. The installation screen isn't to be found. I'm using the /install at the end of my website address but nothing comes up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A 404 not found error? Make sure you are uploading the files to the right location on the server. Verify the URL and the web root directory.

3. GetParanoid

GetParanoid Member

Well there isn't a 404 Error, it's just a blank screen, and everything is uploaded in the correct place

4. Jake Bunce

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);

Also check the log:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

5. GetParanoid

GetParanoid Member

We don't have XenForo installed yet, so I can't access AdminCP

6. Jake Bunce

That was a canned response about blank pages. The log doesn't apply in your case, but the rest does.

7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That file path is one I think was changed in plesk 9, are you running an old version of plesk?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  8. GetParanoid

GetParanoid Member

No we're running on the new version of Plesk.

9. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can take a look if you want, I run plesk on all my servers.

Jake Bunce likes this.