1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing/Uninstalling Addons Very slow

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Kaiser, May 1, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

My forum loads fine, and there are no server issues or loading issues. But whenever I install an addon it takes a good 10 minutes when it used to be just a few seconds.. its very slow.. Its been like this for a month. It does the same thing when installing/upgrading/uninstalling. Its very very slow.
    Any help?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How many styles do you have installed?

3. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Just 2. The one im using, and the XFStop mobile style.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

6. Brogan

There is no solution as such.
    Server configuration, the number of styles, etc. will all have a bearing on how long the rebuild takes.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I just have 2, and the mobille style is very light.. and it used to be fine before. Its fine on my demo bored which is on a freehost, and is the exact same copy of my orginal.

8. Brogan

Have there been any recent changes to the server/host your production board is on which would account for this?

Speak to your host to see if they have increased the number of sites, if it's a shared server.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The number of languages affect it too. And it's not just the number available - it's the number actually installed.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I just have the default english language. So im guessing I will just have to live with this problem since theres no solution for it.