XF 1.2 Installing to new host with WP installed

rightclickfix

I'm in the process of moving all my sites to a new host and have got one up and running. It's a wordpress installation and I'd like to install my new forums so they integrate with the wp site. So do I just upload the files to the servers /Forums/ folder then during installation choose the existing db? I want to make sure everything's ok prior to trying it that's all as it's a bit scary!
Once they're installed I plan to then import my phpbb3 forums from the old host so is this the correct procedure or is there a better way?

tia

Andy

thanks for the quick response Brogan :) I think I'll install the forums on my test site first and see how it goes.... that's not a license issue is it? I will delete them once I've sussed it :)

I'm bookmarking all the links u give, thanks!

You can have a permanent test installation anyway under the terms of the license.

This is from the FAQ:
How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

WOW I did it! I've imported my phpbb3 forum DB into a new installation of XF on my test account and it all looks well! I have to say it's a potent, powerful piece of software, fookin awesome in fact! I've set the images/avatars and files folders too and am just u/l the contents now. I do however realise it would of been easier to just u/l the folders from the existing forums lol :oops:

Time to set it up on the main hosting account!

Top Bottom