Installing on dev site

Danny88

Is Xenforo allow installing on temporary subdomain site for dev purposes, for eg: dev.mysite.com

Mysite.com has already legit license.

You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

So something only available to you with an explicit URL like these should be fine:
staging.yourdomain.tld
dev.yourdomain.tld
forum.int.yourdomain.tld

The password protection close should not be important if it is only accessible from an internal server as no one is able to load your board unless explicitly allowed to do so.

And when I said general public, it should be restricted to only you and your developer.

From the license as quoted above:

not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

I interpret that as more than the developer. "Website staff", to me, includes my mods and co-admins (known as Council on the board), who have access to dev for doing UAT on changes, new add-ons, etc. UAT is part of development in my world. If I am misinterpreting, I would hope that a Xenforo staffer will set me right.

From the license as quoted above:

I interpret that as more than the developer. "Website staff", to me, includes my mods and co-admins (known as Council on the board), who have access to dev for doing UAT on changes, new add-ons, etc. UAT is part of development in my world. If I am misinterpreting, I would hope that a Xenforo staffer will set me right.

From the license agreement:
“Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.”

I interpret that as more than the developer. "Website staff", to me, includes my mods and co-admins
It does... but rarely do moderators or other "staff" do development work on a site.... that's why I referred to developer as he was asking about a dev.xxx.xxx domain usage. Not everyone has staff and his question appears to pertain to a dev designated site.

Top Bottom