XF 1.5 Installing a Style.

Aureus

Hello!

I am trying to Install a Style, I have one SUPER Simple question

Do you upload it in XenForo FORUMS Control panel or The Hosting site Control Panel FTP?

• Yes
  • No
If you want to PM Me to help me out with this Please do!

-Aureus
(EarthLordPvP Team)

If a style is a .zip files that has an .xml file and a directory. the .xml file is what you import from the admin area of xenforo, the directory with the files, usually images, goes merged with the existing styles folder.

for example, there's already a /styles/ folder with inside it /default/ which is used by xenforo.
If your style's .zip unpacked has a styles folder, with inside it /somename/ then you should end up like this - after uploading it with say an FTP program to the host

/public_html/styles/default/
/public_html/styles/somename/

If a style is a .zip files that has an .xml file and a directory. the .xml file is what you import from the admin area of xenforo, the directory with the files, usually images, goes merged with the existing styles folder.

for example, there's already a /styles/ folder with inside it /default/ which is used by xenforo.
If your style's .zip unpacked has a styles folder, with inside it /somename/ then you should end up like this - after uploading it with say an FTP program to the host

/public_html/styles/default/
/public_html/styles/somename/
So not the XenForo Control panel Correct?

That is ALL I need to know.

The .xml file is imported via the XF ACP.

Any files (images, gradients, etc.) which are part of the style need to be uploaded to the webserver via FTP, cPanel, etc.

If in doubt, contact the author of the style.

Top Bottom