XF 1.0 Installation Walk-Through (Alpha Build)

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Please note this is an early build, and things might still change between now and 'gold' release.
And that the steps of uploading the files and downloading the config.php has been skipped.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess I am just too dumb to set-up the MySQL-database and other stuff to get XF being installed properly.

- What is the time required to set-up a XF-installation ?
- What is the average cost for having somebody doing the installation for me on my server ?
- Probably a few minutes.
- Depends on who you hire. You should at least try to install it yourself, though.

I guess I am just too dumb to set-up the MySQL-database and other stuff to get XF being installed properly.

- What is the time required to set-up a XF-installation ?
- What is the average cost for having somebody doing the installation for me on my server ?
You should really learn to do this yourself, it's not that difficult. It's not worth spending money on IMO, and you never learn it that way. Ask someone to help you out the first time:)

sorry, another question:

is there anything build into XF in order to make "Backups" of the website a bit easier or somehow an automatic process ?

Installation and Backups are the things I have no clue about and are always worrying me........

You should really learn to do this yourself, it's not that difficult. It's not worth spending money on IMO, and you never learn it that way. Ask someone to help you out the first time:)

That is what I say as well. Give a man a fish and he will eat for one day, but teach him to fish and he will never be hungry :D

Removing that license # bit was never hard, and not much protection from nullers...
I know. It's just another change I must adjust myself to :P at least removing the license code required effort, all someone needs now though is a copy of XenForo's files.

I know. It's just another change I must adjust myself to :p at least removing the license code required effort, all someone needs now though is a copy of XenForo's files.
Nullers are going to null the system no matter what is done, so there was no point I'm assuming.

I always thought the requirement of filling out my license was rather counter intuitive, as I'd always have to look it up. Defeats the purpose of a clean and simple system. 

I don't think the discussion about how to fight piracy is suitable for this thread, but I will say this about it.
You buy a license, you're in the customer database. You run an instance and you're not in the customer database, you probably didn't buy a license. It is the most simple check. Anything beyond that is just 'helping', and not 'preventing'.

Is there something tricky or unusual about installing this? Because my web host always installs my stuff for me, so if it's unusual I'll know to include the video when I ask him to install it.

Is there something tricky or unusual about installing this? Because my web host always installs my stuff for me, so if it's unusual I'll know to include the video when I ask him to install it.
Unless it's a permissions issue of some kind, I'm sure you'd be able to install this yourself it is that easy :D

That is the exact install process (what Floris shown). AFAIK it is that easy :)

Top Bottom