XF 1.0 Installation Walk-Through (Alpha Build)

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Please note this is an early build, and things might still change between now and 'gold' release.
And that the steps of uploading the files and downloading the config.php has been skipped.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good work Floris. it will come in handy to a lot of users.

It's so easy they don't even need a video. How all installs should be imo...

Very impressed with the video Floris and even more so with the installation script... very nice! I assume the upgrade process will be a bit longer but still very simple? I really like this, something else making me lean towards xF :p.

Very simple, good video Floris, thanks.
Although Floris does sound a little bit like he wants to suck my blood.
Or at least like a Bond villain.

Very simple, good video Floris, thanks.
Although Floris does sound a little bit like he wants to suck my blood.
Or at least like a Bond villain.
Yeah, English isn't my first language. I am Dutch :)

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, glad to hear you like the video. More importantly. Glad to hear you like the install process! :)

Yeah, English isn't my first language. I am Dutch :)

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, glad to hear you like the video. More importantly. Glad to hear you like the install process! :)
Its good, speaking without an accent is boring anyways.
Thats why i make up an accent every time i meet someone new.

These accents of yours and Kiers make the videos that much more interesting and enjoyable.
Its like Kier is playing the Roger Moore role and you are playing the Stavro Blofeld role.

Again, please make it a bit more complicated for the sake of other forum software, have some mercy.

But seriously, lookin' good and the config editing in the browser is nice, especially for new admins.

Looks to be nice and simple. I'm really happy to hear about the web-based config. I've gotten sick over the years of having to cross check the new config file with the old to make sure everything is still in-check.

You don't have to enter your license #?
That would be a good one to add if not already, although it's not very difficult to get around it.

PS: I believe vBSEO has a system in place that checks the license URL at their servers, I think that might be a bit more foolproof?

I guess I am just too dumb to set-up the MySQL-database and other stuff to get XF being installed properly.

- What is the time required to set-up a XF-installation ?
- What is the average cost for having somebody doing the installation for me on my server ?

Top Bottom