XF 1.2 Installation problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Manoj_Kumar
  • Start date Start date
M

Manoj_Kumar

I have checked with the configuration that I have entered in config.php, Everything is fine but still I am getting:

http://sportspoint.net/community

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Access denied for user 'sportspoint_xf'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Did an upload for database connectivity check here, it work fine though: http://sportspoint.net/community/checkdb.php

What am I missing here? I have done numerous Xenforo installations before, never have I found this issue.

Even the Xenforo installer script validates it. User privileges are set to all.

Configuration Builder
The configuration information you entered is valid.

But when I click 'Continue with installation':

Error
The following error occurred while connecting to the database:

Access denied for user 'sportspoint_xf'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
This indicates that your configuration information is not correct. Please check the values you have entered. If you are unsure what values are correct or how to proceed, please contact your host for help. These values are specific to your server.

This likely means that the data is correct, but you have no(?) privileges on the database itself (like SELECT, UPDATE, etc). You should have full privileges.

104nn9e.png

Permissions are set to all. I have WordPress on main domain and it works without any problem.

Can you show us the (full) output from this query?
Code:
SHOW GRANTS FOR sportspoint_xf@localhost;
Note that there's an encoded password in the output -- you can remove that part.

Also, just to confirm you have entered "localhost" as the host in config.php right?

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'sportspoint_xf'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'Removed' WITH GRANT OPTION GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `sportspoint\_xf`.* TO 'sportspoint_xf'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION

Yes, It's localhost server. Should be a simple issue, but can't able to figure it out. Even I have edited file permissions recursively before to address file read/write problem although it is irrelevant here.

I definitely don't see any issue there.

Are you perhaps running 2 MySQL servers with different default sockets between the mysql and mysqli extensions? That's really the only thing I can think of at this point.

Here is my PHPmyAdmin Screenshot. Both WordPress and Xenforo are in the same server. Is there anything to do with the Table prefix? Because I used wp_ for WordPress installation.

2qi7m2g.png

Top Bottom