Installation problem

meSingh

Hi, I am trying to do a fresh installation with xf 1.1.5 but after 4th step i get this error:

Server Error

fopen(/nas/wp/www/cluster-1643/xxxxxxxx/forums/internal_data/install-lock.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. fopen() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 270
  3. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->writeInstallLock() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 261
  4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->completeInstallation() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 357
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionComplete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1643/xxxxxxxxxxx/forums/install/index.php at line 18

Can anybody help in this?

Just to add to the above:

My host does not allow setting folder permissions to 777 and it allow to make it max 775

I also tried to create a empty file named instal-lock.php but still i get error on main forum page that the a upgrade is in progress. Same happens on admin page.

I'm a bit confused as your first message talks about installing (and that's the code that's being run) but your second message mentions upgrading.

During the install, it writes some other files before writing that file, so I don't see why it would fall over. 0775 shouldn't be a problem as long as they're using something like suPHP/suexec. I suspect they are though. Did you need to do any chmodding? (As in, did the installer prompt you to the first time you went to it? Or did you just do the chmodding based on the manual?)

Installer asked me to chmod the 2 folders

The uprgade message in shown on the forum root and admin area. i am sending you my site details via pm for better understanding. is that ok?

Thanks man you saved me :)

Everything working now.

Can i know what you did? because when i tried to run the upgrade before it threw a database error but this time it worked like a charm.

I didn't do anything. I just told you to run the upgrade to see if it'd work. If it didn't, then I was going to need FTP access to restart the install (since the install-lock file would've already been present).

I created a empty instal-lock.php file to get access to the system.

But it was not working so i checked the code and found that after creating the file a upgrade log is created so i made one by using the version_id from files.

that did not worked either.

The main thing that i don`t understand (as you don`t too) why was it not allowing to create a file with fopen.

I checked php manual and found that if safe mode is enabled (it is off ) or if open_baseurl() is set( it is not set too) or if the allow_url_fopen is off(thats on too) and the directory was also writable (it created the other 2 folders)

everything was in its place then why did it threw a error. Is it possible that it can be a unknown issue with using fopen? is file_put_contents better option for it?

I will do some test on this server to see if there is something i can find.

Top Bottom