installation help on snort

maidos

well i followed many other tutorials found on google and none of those are remotely successful or close to make it happend, some tutorial has comands that does not exist or recgonized (my server centos 5) and some other tutorial leads me with installing the wrong library, then theres tutorial whre theres no tutorial how to install the database for snort and how to installl it on /etc/init.d/
so its getting frustrating and im hoping someone can tell me how to install a snort sucessfully sigh.

hmmmmm CentOS :censored:
I'm afraid you goanna have to build it from source .. and for that you have to resolve all dependencies manually .. one by one :sick:

hmmm didn't you have an issue with nginx if I remember, and I did recommend Debian for easy of use (aptitude does the heavy lifting for you with well maintained/updated repositories ;) ) ...

in any case .. Cent. doesn't maintain it in any of their repositories ... unfortunately

yeah indeed, i have installed all the necessary dependencies righr now and i always installed through source, never relied on repos anyway not at least for the big scripts.

Heh yeah you did but however i have like 30 domains installed and 6 tb data so i cant be bothered to reinstall my entire server just for one single persons convinence fiddling with the server.

one single persons convinence fiddling with the server.

It's your convinence !! :D no fiddling here :D apt-get install whatever-you-want 2.0 ;)

fiddling is where you have to resolve dependencies :D ... just kidding .. seriously :D it's like moving from B&W to color TV :D

Top Bottom