• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Install Mess up

zooki

Hi I started my upgrade to 1.2 from 1.1.5

Instead of the usual page refreshing automatically, I was with a "continue" button. wHich i clicked whilst it was doing the phrases.. After a while i clicked it and it went to 1.2. complete

However, I get an error:

'The requested forum could not be found."

What do I do?

zooki

What do you mean it went to 1.2.2? Did you have a link to where you are receiving the error message?
I am not sure it did a complete install, I think it might have skipped to the end, when i clicked "continue" is that possible?? Because when i enter my website, there is an error message.

Yes I can give a link through PM if need be.

Jeremy

To verify, you were upgrading a pre-existing installation or where you installing a new installation completely?

Jeremy

If you attempt to enter the upgrade system again, it should inform you that you are on the proper version already.

If your able to view it without add-ons, you have an add-on conflict. Turn them on one by one until you discover it.

As to the style being messed up, verify you've merged outdated templates and style properties.

zooki

This is going to sound weird, but i went to the following link,

install/index.php?upgrade/run-deferred

and was able to continue with the upgrade, but i have to physically keep clicking continue :/

zooki

Why and how did you get to that link?
I began an upgrade for Xenforo from 1.1.5 to the latest (in a hope it would solve some my problems outlined here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/admin-cp-white-screen.58965/#post-627646) .

I made a backup of my database, disabled add-ons, uploaded the latest Xenforo files, then proceeded to upgrade as usual.

Unfortunately, the installation was not refreshing pages automatically. Instead it forced me to keep clicking "continue". I believe i may have clicked the button whilst the page was still reloading. This led the installation to stop and it gave me a notice saying it had completed. That is when I made this thread.

I returned to the link in my browser: install/index.php?upgrade/run-deferred - and was able to continue from where I was before.. - I also suffered from a server max timeout (thanks rackspace cloud :/ ) and again it said the installation had finished... i returned to the upgrade link.. until completion.

I am so relieved that everything seems to be Ok now. :)

and i can begin to reinstall add-ons.