Install Error - Blank page for Step 2B

RobParker

I'm trying to install XF on a sub-domain of my site for testing and get a blank page when it gets to index.php?install/step/2b

I've tried 3 times now (re-uploaded files, wiped database, etc) and it has the same problem every time.

I ran the test script to verify all my server settings/sfotware were compatible and that ran fine.

Any ideas?

I tried a completely fresh install on a different domain (so not a sub-domain) and at /install/index.php?install/step/2b it comes up with:

Rebuilding...

An error occurred. Please click the button below for more information.

The only button below is "Rebuild Caches" and when I click that I get a blank page at install/index.php?install/step/2b

There are a lot of fixes related to this area for beta 2, and I'm hopeful that they will resolve most issues.

Do you know what the last text you saw was, before "an error occurred" appeared?

I believe it was "Rebuilding (phrases)"

Just to say I've installed this locally on my iMac using MAMP and it installed fine so looks like it's something it didn't like on our server. Was a bit annoyed that I wasn't getting to play with it but now I can play locally I'm happy to wait until Beta 2 before trying to install on our server :-)

That was on Tuesday, does that mean by tomorrow or before the end of next week (22nd)?

Sorry for the impatience, just XF is what I was hoping VB4 would be and quite excited by the possibilities :-)

Still having a problem with the new release not installing :-(

An error occurred. The request is being resubmitted.

I clicked rebuild caches and it goes to a blank page at: install/index.php?install/step/2b

I clicked rebuild caches and it goes to a blank page at: install/index.php?install/step/2b

It's really hard to guess .. if you can give us the server log ..

OS/server version . PHP and MySQL

If you can provide me with FTP and admin access, I can try to debug this further.

I think this is a server configuration issue.. if you are installing on the same server most likely wyou are going to have the same problem
Also upgrade MySQL.

Yep I suspect you're correct.

I'll get on to our hosts and request that they upgrade MySQL but I was under the impression that the version we are running should be fine...?

Yep I suspect you're correct.

I'll get on to our hosts and request that they upgrade MySQL but I was under the impression that the version we are running should be fine...?

The test script does not test the SQL server :) So that's the first thing we should look at :) if you have ssh access I can upgrade it for you, unless your host is super fast :)

Top Bottom