Install ElasticSearch on lower RAM?

truonglv

Hi all, Currently Im using DO VPS with 1GB RAM. So should i install ElasticSearch on that VPS? Is 1GB RAM enough for me?

Any advanced for me?

Many thanks :)

It very very small data yet (Maybe is big in the future).

Here is my statistic:
Code:
 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:       1020400     721504     298896      22356      23772     544184

When you say DO VPS you mean Digital Ocean? Take in account that you're getting only 1 core processor which will make your site extremely slow if you happen to have some people active in your forum. DO instances are for development and testing not for hosting production sites... try a real VPS provider instead.

Btw if you're just starting a forum to save some RAM you can stick with MySQL standard search and then when you get big move to ES.

Last edited:
When you say DO VPS you mean Digital Ocean? Take in account that you're getting only 1 core processor which will make your site extremely slow if you happen to have some people active in your forum. DO instances are for development and testing not for hosting production sites... try a real VPS provider instead.

Btw if you're just starting a forum to save some RAM you can stick with MySQL standard search and then when you get big move to ES.

Yep! It DigitalOcean. I have used it for https://nobita.me, Not installed ES yet because it did not have more RAM to do :'(

Top Bottom