XF 2.2 Inserting pre XF 2.2 MP3 attachments?

Pseudonym

I have a number of mp3 attachments added prior to XF 2.2. I use an MP3 BB code to render them as playable within the post but with the arrival of audio support in 2.2 I thought I would convert the previous entries so everything is uniform. But when I add the attachments manually using the following...
Code:
[ATTACH type="full"]XXX[/ATTACH]

This gives me a link to the file. The existing attachments also do not have the "Insert" badge at the top of the attachment icon in the post editor unlike attachments added after 2.2. Is this expected behaviour or has something gone wrong somewhere? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
It's not entirely intentional, but it will only work for new attachments on the basis that we serve audio files directly from the file system (like videos). This is partially for performance in some cases, though also some browsers won't play audio (or video) files correctly when served from our PHP handler.
It's not entirely intentional, but it will only work for new attachments on the basis that we serve audio files directly from the file system (like videos). This is partially for performance in some cases, though also some browsers won't play audio (or video) files correctly when served from our PHP handler.

Solution

I understand. There isn't a way to manually move the existing ones to the filesystem is there? At least I'm not aware of a way.

No, unfortunately this isn't exposed anywhere (it's quite a low level thing).

The closest workaround would be to reattach the files manually, though this may lose some existing metadata (and of course, I recognize that it could be a pain or just plain unviable).

Thanks for the heads up.

I think it's better I keep the existing attachments metadata as some are almost 20 years old.

It's not a huge inconvenience; the main reason I was going to alter the old posts was to automatically account for any URL changes in future and there are other ways I can get around that.

Top Bottom