Inserting hyperlinks (usability issue)!^

simunaqv

Maybe its just me, but I find the delay in getting the dialog to insert the hyperlink a bit annoying. This dialog does not offer anything special and could be replaced by a simple javascript prompt. That would probably not look pretty but it would not cause as much delay.

We are working around the (horrible) TinyMCE dialog system. If anyone has any better solutions that can work with TinyMCE, we are all ears!

We are working around the (horrible) TinyMCE dialog system. If anyone has any better solutions that can work with TinyMCE, we are all ears!
Would it be possible to cache the image, media and link dialog boxes as soon as the editor receives focus?

Send just 1 xhr to the server, cache the result and serve the dialog boxes from the cache from this point onward. Of course this would mean 1 unnecessary http request for those who don't need to embed any link, image or media in the post. But it would reduce the wait times tremendously for those who do.

Unfortunately I can't go into actual implementation details, since I'm not JavaScript savvy. :(

Top Bottom