Fixed Input disabler with event `desc-loader` does not applied

truonglv

Affected version
Hello. I have setup this template and use desc-loader:

HTML:
<div>{{ phrase('tlc_apply_credits_to...') }}</div>
<xf:radio name="{$inputName}[apply_credits]" value="{$options.apply_credits}">
    <xf:option value="uploader">{{ phrase('tlc_resource_uploader') }}</xf:option>
    <xf:option value="downloader" label="{{ phrase('tlc_downloader') }}">
        <xf:checkbox>
            <xf:option name="{$inputName}[require_credits]"
                       label="{{ phrase('tlc_require_credits_for_downloading') }}"
                       selected="{$options.require_credits}"
                       hint="{{ phrase('tlc_require_credits_for_downloading_explain') }}"/>
        </xf:checkbox>
    </xf:option>
</xf:radio>

The apply_credits value to uploader.

Expected: The input require_credits should be disabled.
Actual: It's not disabled

You’re missing <xf:dependent> inside the option tag. On mobile so copy pasting is difficult but just wrap the xf:checkbox in that tag and you’ll find it works :)

I couldn’t say, all I know is that every time I have used a disabler like that, I’ve wrapped the contents in the dependent tag and I’ve not had an issue yet :)

This report confuses me somewhat.

Firstly, desc-loader is mentioned, but then I'm not sure how that's relevant and that doesn't seem to be used in the example code.

Further from that, the actual code does seem to work for me, without any additional markup.

Taking what you have said literally, you're saying that if the radio has a value of uploader then the require_credits checkbox is not disabled.

This is the code I am testing with:
HTML:
<div>{{ phrase('tlc_apply_credits_to...') }}</div>
<xf:radio name="{$inputName}[apply_credits]" value="uploader">
   <xf:option value="uploader">{{ phrase('tlc_resource_uploader') }}</xf:option>
   <xf:option value="downloader" label="{{ phrase('tlc_downloader') }}">
      <xf:checkbox>
         <xf:option name="{$inputName}[require_credits]"
            label="{{ phrase('tlc_require_credits_for_downloading') }}"
            selected="{$options.require_credits}"
            hint="{{ phrase('tlc_require_credits_for_downloading_explain') }}"/>
      </xf:checkbox>
   </xf:option>
</xf:radio>
And that gives me the expected results:

Are you still struggling with this? How was desc-loader relevant? Are we missing anything?

I think we’d really need to see your exact use case and full code if it is reproducible.

Ideally shared with us as an add-on or a reduced add-on that contains just the problematic bit.

Thanks.

I'll be honest. I was half tempted to mark this as designed/won't fix.

You're essentially using the desc-loader for something that it wasn't designed to do. Its only purpose has always been to load simple text descriptions (like code event descriptions).

It really isn't designed to be loading in additional form elements and other dynamic content. In fact, using it for that just isn't semantically correct.

That said, I've fixed it so I guess I'm just typing for no reason 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.1).

Change log:
When inserting the description received by XF.DescLoader.onLoad run it through XF.setupHtmlInsert to ensure the resulting HTML is activated and any new JS is initialized.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom