Won't fix inline code can't escape cursor

Mr Lucky

Affected version
If I write some inline code, the cursor ends up blinking at the end. If I try to place the cursor below to write the next bit of text it just stays inside the inline code box.

If I press return it starts a new inline code. So I have to turn bbcode off in order to write the next line.

It needs to escape the box, as with quotes.

This on safari

View attachment Screen Recording 2023-10-13 at 12.14.01.mov

Yes, that is correct. You have to turn it off to escape it.

That's how all inline formatting works. Do your test again, but with bold. To escape bold you have to turn bold off.

I don't like it either, but that's just how it works in this editor. I couldn't possibly comment on any future editor implementation and whether or not that is in development and whether or not that kind of thing is absolutely fixed in said theoretical editor...

Some pro tips/workarounds:

1. If you know you're going to write some inline code tap space twice, and left arrow once. Then enable inline code, type your code, and you can escape the inline code because of that second space that is there.
2. If it's easier to access, you can also use the "Clear formatting" button to turn inline code off.

I don't intend to spend a second longer working with Froala than I have to as that kind of time is better invested into any theoretical future implementations of ... things đź‘€

We'll maintain it as best we can, but for something like this, it's just how it works and we have to live with it until... some time in the future.

I don't intend to spend a second longer working with Froala than I have to as that kind of time is better invested into any theoretical future implementations of ... things

Yes, makes sense. I just supposed that as it exactas the quote box it would be an easy fix. But I agree it's not worth wasting time on Froala.

Thanks

Top Bottom