1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information Directory/Wiki

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by JeffTN, Jul 20, 2012.

1. JeffTN

JeffTN Member

I'm currently hosting our "outdoor" forum on Xenforo. I am looking at adding a Library/Wiki using XenCarta. However, one main feature that I have in mind is organizing a list of all hiking trails in Tennessee (there are a lot) complete with data such as GPS coordinate, mileage, pics, Google Maps integration, and external web links.

I could do all of this in XenCarta with templates I guess, since we'll also be publishing a bunch of informational pages. I thought a dedicated add-on might be more appropriate...or perhaps an extension of XenCarta itself.

I'm seeking general advice with this thread. If you were to set out to do this, how would you do it?

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Will one or two people be doing the work ? or will it be more ? Realistically ?

3. JeffTN

JeffTN Member

I have 3 volunteers with time on their hands at the moment. Honestly, I'll probably outsource some of the work as well. :)

4. Digital Doctor

I take it they don't know HTML ?

5. JeffTN

JeffTN Member

No. Data entry is about it.. Ideally I'd like to give them a simple data entry form, store the data in a table, and populate the factual informational pages that way. Would make it easier to transport/rearrange if I ever need to re-use it outside of Xenforo.

6. Digital Doctor

For your own benefit, and for the benefit of advising, you should make a mock up of how you envision it.

7. Digital Doctor

So what's your plans ? :)