Resource icon

[InfisJSC] Topic (thread) starter's permissions 1.2.12

No permission to download
Yay, it's working with XF 1.2.2 now, power to the thread starters...... (y)

Permissions all set to grey
if I may, it's not clear if you are getting an error or just having problems

if all permissions are grey (not set) then nothing will happen

you must set some permissions to green (allowed) for some usergroup(s) on some node(s), and then it will grant those users in that node (and its children) those permissions

it's all controlled by assigning those permissions in the node tree, there are no options in forum setup

I'm getting an error in the error_log after installing (for the first time the last version of the add-on) and enabling this add-on without set any permission.

This is the screenshot:

Schermata 2013-10-02 alle 08.17.12.webp

suggestion: a permission for 'can view stickies'

to make stickies visible when 'View threads by others' is revoked

if the forum permission 'View thread content' is revoked, the user cannot see their own thread content, but if the topic starter right 'Can view own threads' is allowed then it overrides the forum permission such that the user can see their own thread content

which got me to thinking it should be possible to do that with stickies

my proposal is a topic starter right called 'view stickies' which would allow stickies to be viewable even if 'view threads by others' and/or 'View thread content' is revoked

if either of those are revoked there is no way to post a sticky with visible content,

when 'View threads by others' is revoked, the forum will always appear empty to users who have not posted in it, even if there was a sticky, it would be hidden

which leaves notices as the only possible way to offer any instructions or guidelines on what the empty looking forum is for

a sticky is far more flexible than a notice, so it would be great if admin could revoke 'View threads by others' and still be able to post a sticky that is visible by allowing the proposed 'View stickies' permission

as it is, revoking 'View threads by others' hides the sticky

granted that is not a pure topic starter right, but neither is 'can view own threads', which it would seem to be similar to

I basically have a private forum with 'view threads by others' revoked, so new users just see an empty forum

I would like to be able to have a visible sticky thread to explain and discuss what the private thread is for in the first place

As it is, I can't use a sticky where I'd normally use a sticky, because it'd be hidden

Ok. I understand. But this is not part of topic starters permissions :)
It can be in another addon. I can't create it now. Probably, later.

There is a permission called: "View deleted posts in own threads"
When I allow this permission the user can view deleted post in other threads (which he/she has not started) as well. Is this a bug? I am sure he has no moderation or extra permissions.

There is a permission called: "View deleted posts in own threads"
When I allow this permission the user can view deleted post in other threads (which he/she has not started) as well. Is this a bug? I am sure he has no moderation or extra permissions.
It's bug. Try new version of addon.

Thanks for the update.
I have sitemap Addon as well and every night (maybe due to some cron jobs) I am getting lots of these errors: (not related to the recent update)
How can this be solved? in InfisJSC Addon or Sitemap Addon?

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: tsRighTviewThread - library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php:90
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:30 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php(90): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 90, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(824): InfisJSC_TopicStarter_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array, '', Array, Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/ThreadPagination.php(136): XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer(Array, Array, '', Array, Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/ThreadPagination.php(75): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_ThreadPagination->canView(Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/ThreadPagination.php(42): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_ThreadPagination->generateStep('10000')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php(137): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Sitemap_ThreadPagination->generate()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(40): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->runAllAvailableSiteMaps()
#7 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(252): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 9.9999959468842, '')
#11 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(378): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.9999959468842, '', false)
#12 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "http://domain.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(337) "/threads/%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%84%D9%88%D8%AF-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B9%D9%87-%D9%88%DB%8C%D8%AF%DB%8C%D9%88%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%A2%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B4-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%AA%DB%8C-%D9%81%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%BE-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A8%D9%87%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%88%D9%81%DB%8C.395541/"
  ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
  ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I download last version of Sitemap Addon and install it on my test server and manualy run cron entry "Rebuild Sitemap". This work properly (without any errors and warnings).
I don't know why this error is occured.

After upgrading I am seeing this error in the logs

ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/x/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 69 and defined - library/XenForo/Permission.php:51
Generated By: x, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/Permission.php(51): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/x/...', 51, Array)
#1 /home/x/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php(69): XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission(NULL, 'hardDeleteAnyTh...')
#2 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(1167): InfisJSC_TopicStarter_Model_Thread->canDeleteThread(Array, Array, 'hard')
#3 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionDelete()
#4 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/x/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(179) "http://x/konu/46071/delete?&_xfRequ...5e7abb160888db2b97f6ae57&_xfResponseType=json"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(12) "/konu/46071/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(57) "77486,1391002506,11566c423dfa23fe5e7abb160888db2b97f6ae57"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Top Bottom