Resource icon

[InfisJSC] Topic (thread) starter's permissions 1.2.12

No permission to download
Strange. Your modification simply disconnects a call of parent function. It is not correct.
If your assumptions were correct, the problem would be and at other users. I will personally assume that any other plug-in influences.
Try to disconnect all plug-ins, besides. If all works correctly then precisely there is a conflict to other plug-ins. In that case it is necessary to search, with which.

I am pretty sure this is a bug. No other plugins hook into getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions.

The function $this->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForNode alters it's arguments, so it may not be correct to call it multiple times with the same argument.

I am not going to bother checking the root cause since I already fixed it. I won't be surprised if someone else experiences the same problem later.

Code:
~/www/skial.com/library$ grep -r getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions *
InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Post.php:  public function getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions(array $thread, array $forum, array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Post.php:          //$response = parent::getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions($thread, $forum, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser);
XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:            $postFetchOptions = $this->_getPostModel()->getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions($thread, $forum) + array(
XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:            $fetchOptions = $postModel->getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions($thread, $forum);
XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:                            $postPermissionOptions = $postModel->getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions($thread, $forum);
XenForo/Model/Post.php: public function getPermissionBasedPostFetchOptions(array $thread, array $forum, array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)

Not mandatory to cause function. It is enough to change a variable. Therefore to check up on the conflict is the most easier, disconnecting all plug-ins.
OK. If you for yourselves corrected, use the editing :)

I'm seeing lots of this in my error logs:

ErrorException: Undefined index: tsRighTviewThread - library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php:91
Stack Trace
#0 /home/x/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php(91): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/x/...', 91, Array)
#1 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(624): InfisJSC_TopicStarter_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array, NULL, Array, Array)
#2 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php(137): XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer(Array, Array, NULL, Array, Array)
#3 /home/x/public_html/library/Tapatalk/Model/Search.php(34): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread->canViewResult(Array, Array)
#4 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Search.php(305): Tapatalk_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResultData(Array, Array, false, NULL)
#5 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(139): XenForo_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResults(Array, NULL)
#6 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(336): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchUser(90210, 0)
#7 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionMember()
#8 /home/x/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/x/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "http://x/search/member?user_id=90210"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user_id"] => string(5) "90210"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I cannot reproduce an error which occurs at you.
By result of trace you in general do not have in options right "Can view own threads".
Anyway at me such error does not arise in version XenForo 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.
Addon Tapatalk appears in trace. Try to switch off it. Probably, there is a conflict between addons.

Attachments

• canviewownthred.webp
    canviewownthred.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
Been having issues with this plugin. I initially had it working fine, but when I went to set certain forums into private nodes, I began having permission issues.

I realized these sections were being indexed in the sitemap and causing crawl errors because they weren't set to "Private Node", so I went and set them.
However even with the same permissions as before, Guests can now view the section and when they click on it they see thread titles. When you click on a thread title it tells them to log in.

I want it, the same as before, where a member clicks on the forum name and is shown no threads, or brought to the login screen. I have the permissions for the node set to Never for everything except "view Node". I have tried turning the private forum off, but it still has the same issue.
When I disable your mod, it works like before showing no threads to users inside the private forums. However I do like this mod and was wondering what could cause this?
When I enable it, users are able to view threads in the private forums but not thread content.
Thanks

Hm. Yes. I confirm it. I will look, as it is possible to correct it. Thanks for the bug report!

This new update causes the forum index to go blank, when I turn on debug mode to see if there is some sort of error none is displayed and instead the forum index returns, no error in serverlog or anything, just a blank page when debug mode is off, have uploaded the addon multiple times and updated it to see if that would fix it and nothing.

Hope to see if you have any ideas.

Fatal error after the last update:

[06-Apr-2013 20:44:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/x/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 45
[06-Apr-2013 20:44:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/x/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Post.php on line 21

I would like to reques that the lock own thread and the unlock own thread permission be separated (as well as the delete and undelete own threads/posts ability).

I want my users to be able to close their own threads, but if a mod closes it they can't open it back up.

Probably these features will be in a future version of XenForo 1.2.
My addon was originally created to provide to topic starters the same permissions, what are the moderators. Ie I do not create new permissions, and I extend with their scope. Accordingly, the division of the permissions to open/close and the other, not included in the covered features.
At least in the near future, I do not plan to add this kind of opportunity in my addon.

Thank you for this nice mod.
I have installed the mod :
vFcoders - Ajax First (or Last) Post Collapsable 1.0

And this last mod seems not working anymore since i installed your mod.
Might be a JS conflict?

Console shows this error :

Code:
[10:57:54,664] NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS: Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIDOMWindow.getComputedStyle] @ http://www.domain.com/www/js/jquery/jquery-1.5.2.min.js:16

Any help ?

Regards

Hello, I just have a couple questions: does this mod allow admins to give members the option to move their own threads as well as posts, and is it compatible with 1.2 beta? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask! ;)

TIA

Hi!

In this addon expansion of the rights for opportunity to move threads users isn't provided.

Compatibility with 1.2 I yet I didn't check. I think that everything has to work. In any case, when there is a candidate release, I will surely check and, if necessary, I will correct a addon.

Hi!

In this addon expansion of the rights for opportunity to move threads users isn't provided.

Compatibility with 1.2 I yet I didn't check. I think that everything has to work. In any case, when there is a candidate release, I will surely check and, if necessary, I will correct a addon.

Allowing users to move their own threads is really the only feature I need, it's just frustrating that I've been able to do it with free software for the last several years but can't do it with Xenforo - not that that's your fault! Anyway, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Top Bottom