• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[InfisJSC] Topic starter's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

infis

Description: extends topic starter's rights, adds some functions of management for threads and posts to those founders.

For XenForo 1.1, will probably work in the version 1.0.x.

HISTORY:
1.0.0 - first release
1.1.0 - add posts permissions, repacked archive (remove two screenshots) and remove old version
1.1.1 - fix errors
1.1.2 - small fix and add 4 threads options: delete, undelete, view and approve/unapprove.
1.2.0 - add hard-delete any posts and own threads permissions, that split delete permissions for soft and hard types

For update need upload files to you site and update addon from admin panel.

Russian language and main addon are now separated.

Added French language by Allan .

Attention! If to the user it is not accessible permission "Edit own thread" some functions are accessible only at review of threads.

Now add-on and screenshots are accessible through Resource Manager.
Russian language is accessible through Resource Manager also.

Attachments

what does 'can manage own threads' mean?
are these usergroup perms? or are they node permissions?

'can always edit first post' would be a great addition.

what does 'can manage own threads' mean?
are these usergroup perms? or are they node permissions?

'can always edit first post' would be a great addition.
Can manage own threads - analog 'Manage any thread' from Forum rights whithout move, merge, etc. Can change thread title. Can edit and delete any post in own thread. Try - there can be I something passed or did not consider.
All rights are both for global and for nodes use.
'Can always edit first post' - it is possible to try to make.

Important! First post is updated. Fix errors in conditional.
Manage own threads - only edit thread title and thread options.

I work for add posts operations.

If I created the thread, wouldn't this right already be given to me ?

(1) Edit first Post (I am the thread starter).
- under what situation would you want the thread starter to NOT be able to edit their first post ?
- or can I as the thread starter assign someone else to be able to edit the first post ?
- or is the situation where globally post editing is turned OFF, but the thread starter would be given special permissions ? (this must be the reason ... good idea !).

For thread or prefix editing the rights of the moderator which to all you will not give are necessary. Therefore this plug-in also appeared.
Also no means always users can change the posts. Whereas in some sections it is necessary. If the user does not have rights of editing of the messages it basically cannot change and the first message of a thread.
The remaining rights can be useful in various cases.
The starter cannot assign someone else for editing of the first post. Moderators can make it only.

Actually my plug-in allows not to create set of moderators, allowing in some sections to users independently to control the threads.

Could a thread starter ... make the first post.
Make 5 more.
delete all 5.
then undelete one deleted post at a time as they have content ready to post ?

This would accomplish the goal of not seeing "Reserved" posts at the top.

- can you enable topic starters rights for
(A) entire xenforo site.
(B) specific forums / subforums only.

I'm assuming edit posts are only in the thread started by the original poster?
I can see this being useful in for sale posts when some members will crap on another person's thread.
But I wouldn't want this to be across all forums.
Then everyone becomes a self-proclaimed moderator.

Must be
I can see this being useful in for sale posts when some members will crap on another person's thread.
Definitely. They can change the Prefix to [SOLD]
But I wouldn't want this to be across all forums. Then everyone becomes a self-proclaimed moderator.
I asked this. Forum-spectic only would be best. Of course, they would be the moderator in topics they start only.

Attaching image / files might be an interesting Topic Starter's right.
- many forums might exclude people from doing this ..... but might want it for the thread starter in a specific forum.

- can you enable topic starters rights for
(A) entire xenforo site.
(B) specific forums / subforums only.
A and B - yes.
But I wouldn't want this to be across all forums.
Then everyone becomes a self-proclaimed moderator.
These permissions only for topic starters.
By means of the given permissions a topic starter can operate completely in the thread.
In another's threads these permissions do not work in general.
Permissions can be established globally for all forum, also it is possible to establish for concrete section. Apparently on a screenshot, permissions can be withdrawn, if it is necessary to provide a tree of forums with the necessary permissions, and for any subsection they need to be cleaned.
Also permissions are established both for groups, and for separate users.

The plug-in uses the same scheme of use of permissions, as itself XenForo, adding only check on the owner of a thread. Any unique new (types) of permissions in it it is not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom