• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[InfisJSC] Topic starter's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
this must be integrated to the xf official release.
just wondering, every update of xf, you also need to update this addon?

looks like has a bug on xf 1.1

If i want to allow members to edit thread title and lock thread i will set it to the ff
Edit first post: ALLOW
Edit own posts: ALLOW
Edit own threads: ALLOW
Lock / unlock own threads: ALLOW

BUT if i want members NOT to edit thread title and ALLOW to lock their own threads
i will set to the ff
Edit own threads: NOT SET (NO)

The bug is, you cannot LOCK your own threads, the thread tools link is missing :cool:

The members should be allowed to lock their thread but not allowed to edit the thread title...

First post is updated. Need update files and after update addon. Thanks for your reports about errors.
Please try new version with.

looks like has a bug on xf 1.1
This option will work only with "Edit own thread" (really managing thread with viewing panel). I can later try change this. But it will be not already simple for making, as demands not simply adding of check of the owner, but also change of behavior of a control bar by a thread.

This option will work only with "Edit own thread" (really managing thread with viewing panel). I can later try change this. But it will be not already simple for making, as demands not simply adding of check of the owner, but also change of behavior of a control bar by a thread.

ive upgraded to tsrights 1.1.1 but still same issue.

i want members NOT to edit thread title BUT ALLOW to lock their own threads
i will set to the ff:

Edit own threads: NOT SET (NO)

Still you cannot LOCK your own threads because the thread tools link dropdown is missing
see screenshot below
dropdownmissing.webp

The reason for not allowing Thread Title edit and allow only LOCK thread is
so that admin and moderators will know and have idea what thread subject did he locked
even if he edited first post.

I already said that it demands presence of a switched on option "Edit own threads" because the control panel a thread otherwise does not turn on.
I will try to add operation of the necessary functions without necessity of option switching-on "Edit own threads" later.

The reason for not allowing Thread Title edit and allow only LOCK thread is
so that admin and moderators will know and have idea what thread subject did he locked
even if he edited first post.
Now work. See first post.

Attachments

• see-lock-unlock.webp
    see-lock-unlock.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 14
  • not-see-lock-unlock.webp
    not-see-lock-unlock.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
infis i have some idea:

How about adding a minimum post required for the TS to have
-lock/unlock previledge
-Edit own Thread previledge

the reason for this is, This will not be abused by newbie members with few posts
and will enable and encourage members to be more active to have additional permissions.
So in result will increase more traffic to our forum :D

See screenshot:
tsrights.webp

This will result to more and active and traffic forum because members will have a goal
to reach let say 100 or 1000 posts in order for them to gain that lock/unlock thread permission :D

It is interesting idea. I will think over implementation of it.
But there is one vital issue: it can be necessary to apply limits not to one permission, and at once to several?
By the way, these limits lead to additional query. It can affect at the big forums overall performance. You so do not think?

It is interesting idea. I will think over implementation of it.
But there is one vital issue: it can be necessary to apply limits not to one permission, and at once to several?
By the way, these limits lead to additional query. It can affect at the big forums overall performance. You so do not think?
i think that what they are wanting to do can already be achieved using usergroups and promotions.
these types of permissions should be used to set limits, not set prerequisites.
if you do this, it will unnecessarily complicate permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom