• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[InfisJSC] Topic starter's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do this, it will unnecessarily complicate permissions.
Therefore I also told that I will think. As it also negatively affects productivity.
Before to add these limits, it is necessary to define necessity of it accurately at first.

i think that what they are wanting to do can already be achieved using usergroups and promotions.
these types of permissions should be used to set limits, not set prerequisites.
if you do this, it will unnecessarily complicate permissions.

any idea how it can achived using usergroups?

It is interesting idea. I will think over implementation of it.
But there is one vital issue: it can be necessary to apply limits not to one permission, and at once to several?
By the way, these limits lead to additional query. It can affect at the big forums overall performance. You so do not think?

i think the idea is just the same with other implementation with permissions with number limits.
if not with posts, then trophy level is maybe is better :)
if member reach certain trophy points/level then he can have that permission.

the idea with certain number limits will outweigh the cons of implementing it.
besides we forum owners has one desire, that is making our site gets more posts and traffic :D

@kier/mike
maybe you can add up suggestions to implement the number limits to lock/unlock feauter :)

For usage of a limit from started threads it is necessary to add an index to the table xf_thread, differently two (four) additional queries will be rather powerful on time.
Why two or four queries? Because or we consider only total started threads, or only within a current node. The minimum two queries - as happens reversal to model twice. Well also we do not forget that it is possible to do check only in a case topic starter, instead of for each user. Though I all the same consider that it is superfluous loading on a forum.
Now about trophies. Usage of points of trophies essentially is easier, as this information already is available in the information on the user. Therefore does not demand additional expenses for queries.

So, whether it is necessary to do something and if it is necessary, as how?

Also it is necessary to designate accurately availability topic starters permissions. I would suggest generally all of them to ignore, if the user did not reach the installed limit.

two (four) additional queries will be rather powerful on time.
Why two or four queries?
Sorry. Only 2 queries needed. And also calculate threads in node - it's not good idea. Because it will be necessary to consider not only in a current node, but also in subnodes. And it is already too prodigal.

Another bug. Users are given access to hard delete their own posts when this addon is enabled. Mods with access to soft delete can hard delete any post

It not bug. Actually it by design. But, if it is necessary, it will be possible to add an appropriate option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom