• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[InfisJSC] Topic starter's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again. The given plug-in does not change something in permissions, except for additional check for the owner of a thread. If there is a degradation permissions, means they are not correctly used or disconnected.
For example, if access to review node any permissions the owner of a thread do not help is closed.

People have been confused by Xenforo's permission system right from day one ! Could that be what is at play here ?

Everything looks right. Wierd
Are you the owner of the thread where the post can't be deleted ?

If you are the Admin and the Thread Starter .... as the admin you probably are allowed to delete things, but let's say the thread starter permissions say you cannot delete things .... which permission wins ?

What is the same for everyone ?
The admin can't delete any posts ?
Do you have it setup such that the admin can delete posts ?
Admin in XenForo is not have all permissions on forums. Only Super moderator have this. Many users of it do not understand. In the tutorial (help) on permissions about it it is told.

I'll take a look. It used to work before installing the addon so I guess I screwed up somewhere.

Topic starters delete own posts - Topic starters delete posts by anyone - Forum delete post by self - Mod delete post by anyone
My user: Inherit - Inherit - Inherit - Allow
Admins: Inherit - Inherit - Allow - Inherit
Mods: Inherit - Inherit - Allow - Inherit
Node: Inherit on everything

Yea everything works when I disable it. This affects every user on the forum. Not sure if it started happening right after installing it yesterday, or some time later.

Try to change in a debug mode Permission Definition, clearing field Depends on Permission ID.
Probably, it solves a problem. I not absolutely understand, how these dependences work, therefore could commit an error.
test.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom