Implemented Indicator if a user group has responded

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can just see someone selecting the largest usergroup and getting swamped with notices. I see no purpose for this. If one wishes to see who has responded, track the thread.

According to the original suggestion, I don't think this has to do with "alerts". I think this would be some kind of indicator displayed on a thread (when viewing the forum) to indicate whether or not an admin (for example) had posted in a given thread.

Sorry not to make it clear enough the function is something that is being used on the forum of World of Warcraft all ready, the admin sets the notification not the user. If a official response is made by a blizzard employee then an official icon is set before the post so you can see that some one responded to that topic that is working for Blizzard.

For a example look here every topic where
blizz.gif
is in front of is a response of a employee of Blizzard. When you press the icon you will be taken to the response of that employee.

Sorry not to make it clear enough the function is something that is being used on the forum of World of Warcraft all ready, the admin sets the notification not the user. If a official response is made by a blizzard employee then an official icon is set before the post so you can see that some one responded to that topic that is working for Blizzard.

For a example look here every topic where
blizz.gif
is in front of is a response of a employee of Blizzard. When you press the icon you will be taken to the response of that employee.

What if there was more than one response?

What if there was more than one response?

The Blizzard forum do it as follows you press the one on the main page i linked to you read the response of the employee and right next to Quote or Replay there is a button like
blizz-post.gif
that takes you to the next employee response. The main button on the forum should respond to last read in topic.

Overkill. I think with a conditional one could already have staff responses highlight the post, like done in blogs sometimes.

On well moderated forum most of the threads will be marked this way... Don't think this is a good idea to include this functionality to the core, but a good plugin candidate.

Top Bottom