/index.php

I did that, still nothing.

Then I went to the admin control panel and selected "Enable Full Friendly URL's" and still nothing.
If I remember, HostGator's control panel is already seat to show hidden files... so do you see a .htaccess in your /public_html folder. The WWW folder is just a symbolic link to your /public_html folder, so everything that is in /public_html is also visible there.

If I remember, HostGator's control panel is already seat to show hidden files... so do you see a .htaccess in your /public_html folder. The WWW folder is just a symbolic link to your /public_html folder, so everything that is in /public_html is also visible there.

Yes, I checked and the file is visible:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 9.12.19 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 9.12.19 PM.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 10
From my first post in the thread:
Yep, but not everyone knows that the .html will override the .php extension when being read unless you modify the DirectoryIndex directive in .htaccess so that index.php is first in line (by default, the .html extension is).

Agreed, but that was why I specifically asked the question.

It's a shame the response was "no" as it would have saved a lot of time and effort.

It's a shame the response was "no" as it would have saved a lot of time and effort.
Yes, once I logged into his cPanel it took all of 30 seconds to see what the problem was and fix.
I've been in the same boat before, so I can't complain - we all started somewhere and have overlooked something as simple as that staring us in the face and us not seeing it. Me more than most probably since I have a bad habit of doing stuff to all three forums at one time. :whistle:

So sorry to have burdened you, I am not a level 1,000 grand wizard expert such as yourself.

I will now hang my head in shame.

I will now hang my head in shame.
No need to... as I said, we all started somewhere.... and I still get bit in the posterior by simple stuff like this all the time. You can ask @Shelley about that... she's saved my bacon a time or two (yes, Shelley - I said bacon, and no you can't have any of it you saved - it's ALL mine). ;)

Last edited:
No need to... as I said, we all started somewhere.... and I still get bit in the posterior by simple stuff like this all the time. You can ask @Shelley about that... she's saved my bacon a time or two (yes, Shelley - I said bacon, and no you can't have any of it you saved - it's ALL mine). ;)

I think the Roast & Dumplings you were cooking is more appealing to me than bacon. :D

Top Bottom