1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Incremental vb import: Photopost to XFMG. Stupid?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Alfa1, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

As I need to have various essential forum functionality created first, I cannot go live with XenForo just yet. Meanwhile I am stuck with old vbulletin and its addons. I wonder if it would be possible to replace some addons with xenforo addons and later migrate the forum?

In fact I am already doing that with TaigaChat. I have just hidden all things that are relate to accounts or forums.
    But there is not much of a problem if I need to delete the entire install and start over.
    Now, I am thinking if it would be incredibly stupid to replace Photopost Pro with XFMG?

For this to work I would need to do an incremental import of forum accounts without any forum node imports. (retain ID's) After the initial forum account import I would import PP to XFMG. Then later when I migrate the vb forum overwrite the accounts with new data and import the forums while retaining ID's. Could this approach work or is this just asking for trouble?
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Incremental imports like that aren't really possible, but yes I do think this would be asking for trouble.
    Alfa1 likes this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike!