XF 1.4 Incorrect title and descriptions on search engines

hterrag

Hi, ever since I moved my site to a new server, my site title on search engines is "Index of /" and the description is "Index of /. admin/ · cgi-bin/".

What is the problem and how can I fix this?

Sounds like some sort of caching issue on Google's end. If those aren't really the correct titles for those pages in sure it will eventually catch up.

You can also look at generating a Sitemap and submitting that via Google Webmaster Tools. That may speed up the process.

Its been more than 2 weeks and it has not been changed. Could it be something wrong with my new host because I never had this issue until I moved to a new host.

Looking at your site, this is outside your XF install directory, so it's not something we're directly involved with.

If you view the cached version of the page with the problem, you can see it was indexed with a directory listing. I see you're now 301'ing that page, so there isn't really much you can do. You may be able to force a reindex but that may not help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9466360/how-to-request-google-to-re-crawl-my-website

Top Bottom