As designed Incorrect alert when post is moved to a new thread

Jake B.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%201.48.24%20PM.png

I got that, when in reality the post I made (here) was moved from the What's Next for XenForo? thread into a new Sketchfab BB Code thread.

It's actually likely because I didn't change the thread title until after the posts were moved. Mostly because I couldn't remember the name of the bb code to name the thread appropriately.

I would have to check the code here but I believe that's as designed.

It's actually likely because I didn't change the thread title until after the posts were moved. Mostly because I couldn't remember the name of the bb code to name the thread appropriately.

I would have to check the code here but I believe that's as designed.

Ah, that makes sense. Perhaps have it use the contentId for the new thread so it'll always show the new thread name? I'm not sure if something else is using the contentId for this specific AlertHandler though. Just a thought :)

The problem is most content types by nature only support a single piece of content, so in the context of a handler we only fetch that content; which in this case is the source thread. Everything else is cached and accessed in the template as extra data when needed - we don't do anything in the handlers which is action specific or with the extra data so ultimately this is as designed / design issue I think.

These alerts represent "snapshots" as they aren't attached to the content to avoid permission issues (and potentially misleading avatars). As such, this would really be as designed, as Chris suggested.

Top Bottom