snoopy5

In XFMG 2.1rc2 the only Exif data supported are:

For photo-oriented sites it would be nice if additional it could be added:

Lens maker
Lens info
Lens model
exposure
exposure compensation
lightmetering (=matrix/spot/center weighted) - is this called "sensingmethod"?
white balance
sharpness
saturation
contrast
jpeg quality/ jpeg name (=like Fine/Medium/Basic)

Maybe make it a collapsable block, so it does not take too much space.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
When I open the xmp file of a modified dng/CR2 RAW file, I see:
aux:LensSerialNumber="XXXXXXXXXX" in there
I don't know if you mean lens info to include this, and the prefix of aux isn't the same as exif, so I don't know if it can be extracted and included in the file as exif.

But if this detail could be added to images on uploads, it'd surely help to track down stolen lenses (these things aren't cheap!).

Everything else I agree with because it gives the best picture of how the image was taken and could inspire photographers to adjust from automatic to manual settings more often to get the desired picture.

When I open the xmp file of a modified dng/CR2 RAW file, I see:
aux:LensSerialNumber="XXXXXXXXXX" in there
I don't know if you mean lens info to include this, and the prefix of aux isn't the same as exif, so I don't know if it can be extracted and included in the file as exif.

But if this detail could be added to images on uploads, it'd surely help to track down stolen lenses (these things aren't cheap!).

Everything else I agree with because it gives the best picture of how the image was taken and could inspire photographers to adjust from automatic to manual settings more often to get the desired picture.
@Chris D can we have full like flickr
Demo
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Chris D can we have full like flickr
Demo
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
All of that info, minus the OP's suggestion of the lens and JPG quality is already there; it's just presented in a prettier manner, which is expected as it fits their layout and doesn't conform to the xF themes. I'm sure you could easily edit the widget (or phrases) to include the FontAwesome that they have to display it.

I just suggested, if possible as after editing a RAW file, to include serial numbers (whether they're publicly displayed or not is up to the admin). Though, I don't know as if it's on EXIF data of exported photos (haven't checked) or just the XML file Lr seems to create.

How did you add this "Image metadata" section? The EXIF data doesn't appear on my gallery and can't figure out where/how to display it.

Thanks in advance.

How did you add this "Image metadata" section? The EXIF data doesn't appear on my gallery and can't figure out where/how to display it.

Thanks in advance.
It should show automatically a particular subset of tags, if I recall correctly, as long as (a) your server has the PHP EXIF extension installed and if (b) the image you've uploaded to XFMG has the data stored in the EXIF tags (as opposed to IPTC or XMP tags).

I didn't have the PHP EXIF extension installed but it's now installed and working... thanks!

Now trying to find the difference between FILE/COMPUTE/IFD0/EXIF options and looking for a list of what additional items I can store and display. Appreciate all the help.

Top Bottom