Inactive Members

Inactive Members 4.1

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Inactive Members - Sends an email to all inactive members

Description:

Sends an email to all inactive members. The email encourages inactive members to visit your forum and includes a list of latest topics.

(Example of email message)

View attachment 68303

(Example of Inactive Members Options page)

View attachment 68304

(Example of Main page)

View attachment 68305

Features:
  • Highly configurable options page
  • Main page identifies number of emails that will be sent
  • Ability to send a sample email to...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Andy

Great addon, but one question - would it be possible to have groups/secondary groups to exclude option. The reason I ask is we have memebrs who have passed away which are put into a specific group and I wouldn't want an email sent in case spouses/partners etc may still be using the email.

Cheers :).

**EDIT ** Andy has pointed out can just remove the option to receive site mailings for my situation above so ignore this suggestion :).

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried to send a sample email to myself. I get the confirmation, that email was sent, but email does not arrive. Found nothing in spamfilter etc. Is there a cron job running for this or is it sent immediately?

Hi,

I tried to send a sample email to myself. I get the confirmation, that email was sent, but email does not arrive. Found nothing in spamfilter etc. Is there a cron job running for this or is it sent immediately?

I found the problem: I had by accident a word in an outlookfilter for incoming mails which forwarded it to special folder. So this has nothing to to with this addon.

But I second the opinion, that the email address should be the same as configured in the other options for bounced emails etc. Without this I can not use it unfortunately.

great addon, just 1 problem

mails are sent to spam folders from "unknown sender"

any way to change this,

would having an option of setting a user or email address to send the mail from change this?

Hi @AndyB
it's possibile get the threads with most replies instead of threads with most views?
It's need only modify the query for thread?
Thanks
Antonio

Awesome resource. I would like to see the ability to send automatically every 30 or 60 days, maybe longer. Input for however many days.

Awesome resource. I would like to see the ability to send automatically every 30 or 60 days, maybe longer. Input for however many days.
Good idea!
Being able to run it from CLI, using existing ACP options, via cron job would achieve that. Perhaps we can already run via CLI?

Good idea!
Being able to run it from CLI, using existing ACP options, via cron job would achieve that. Perhaps we can already run via CLI?
Yeah if there was an option in the settings to send it out every 30, 60, or 90 days would be good. That way we would not have to remember to send it out. With 12 forums to admin doing it manually is added work.

Hi,

just imstalled the newest version of this addon. I am running XF 1.3. My test email went fine. Then I tried to send to around 1500 users the same email. I got a lot of errors (around 900) in the ACP logfiles. Mainly this type of error:

"Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to smith@versanet.de failed: Could not read from smtp.mydomainname.com - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:385"

What could cause this error?

Other errors:

"ErrorException: fwrite() [<a href='function.fwrite'>function.fwrite</a>]: send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324"

any ideas?

Top Bottom