Inactive Members

Inactive Members 4.1

No permission to download
Did the files to translate change? In my older version, there was a phrase called

inactivemembers_unsubscribe

But the translation does not get applied on version 4.1

Instead there is now a new phrase called

inactivemembers_unsubscribe_link

with a totally new text. Why this? Why is my old one ignored?

Which other phrases changed?

I found an answer to my question.
The Return-Path for Bouncing is inside any sent mail. Nice. Thank you.

Is there meanwhile any add-on to work with bounced users?
To set them in a group or something like this?

Last edited:
Using Inactive Members 4.1.
Xenforo 1.5.14

I have numerous errors, all the same, in the server error log, like this:

Code:
ErrorException: Email to USER@USERDOMAIN.COM failed: fwrite(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324
Generated By: Unknown Account, Jul 11, 2017

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'fwrite(): SSL o...', '/home/MYACCOUNT/...', 324, Array)
#1 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php(324): fwrite(Resource id #75, 'RSET\r\n')
#2 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(338): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send('RSET')
#3 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(220): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->rset()
#4 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#5 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#7 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#8 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Mail.php(214): XenForo_Mail->send('processing@wins...', 'Free Books Real...', Array, '', '', '')
#9 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/Andy/InactiveMembers/CronEntry/InactiveMembers.php(289): XenForo_Mail->queue('processing@wins...', 'Free Books Real...')
#10 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): Andy_InactiveMembers_CronEntry_InactiveMembers::runInactiveMembers(Array)
#11 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#12 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#13 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#14 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#15 /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/forum/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#16 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://MYDOMAIN.COM/forum/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(76) "/forum/threads/is-there-a-best-social-media-platform-for-your-business.4156/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

What's happening here and how do I fix it?

Are these just bounceback errors for invalid email addresses?

Added: This started July 11, 2017. I think that may be when I increased the Maxium Days to 548 (18 months). Just reset it back to 365 to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Your SSL is down.

I think it is saying that it SHUT down. not that it is down.

Other emails are being sent out and received using the same transport. Only the Inactive Members add-on is generating these errors.

For example, new reply notifications, conversation notifications, new member registration notifications, and Andy B's Weekly Digest are all going out regularly with no errors.

Information about OpenSSL Error 140D00CF

This error is mostly caused because the socket connection is atempting to write to a socket that has already closed.

The socket may have also disconected due to a TCP related error.

Yesterday i have changed the transport protocoll from standard -f (not possible on our server) to smtp;
now i got many errors in the acp (Mailbox full, Mailbox not existing...);
Maybe the script is not running correct with smtp as transport method? (The mails for correcht mailadresses are send)

Can anyone confirm that this add-on respects forum prmissions? In other words, if a certain forum is only visible to a special user group, will it automatically be excluded from the list of threads sent to members who lack permission to view that forum?

AndyB updated Inactive Members with a new update entry:

See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 3.3 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 3.3 or released before Jan 1, 2016 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did the files to translate change? In my older version, there was a phrase called

inactivemembers_unsubscribe

But the translation does not get applied on version 4.1

Instead there is now a new phrase called

inactivemembers_unsubscribe_link

with a totally new text. Why this? Why is my old one ignored?

Which other phrases changed?

Version 4.1

I installed this addon again. It seems that it does ignore the default language choosen.

It does not take the text from "inactivemembers_unsubscribe_link". It takes the one from the English language file although English is not the default language of the admin with which I have tested it. The whole board does not have English as a default language by the way.

It seems to be the language ID, that has to be changed in ACP/options

Last edited:
o.k., I made all my settings, tested it successfully and want to run it now "real".

These are my settings:

I now went to ACP/tools/cronjobs and manually clicked on "run" to run the cronjob for this script.

The browser did something for a few seconds, and was then finished with the conformation that the cron job ran successfully.

But I do not see any emails coming through. I nowmaly can see this in my Amazon SES sensing statistics. Not a single email is sent out.

What could be the reason for this?

Is this script not sending emails via the SMTP settings in APCP/options/Email Options?

update: It slowly shows now the emails. But the sending rate is very slow, although I have with Amazon SES a sening rate of 14 emails per second.

Is there a special throtteling with this script?

Last edited:
Top Bottom