Add-on In-Thread, User Editable Wiki's

I don't think it has the same function. It seems you can start a wiki, and then turn that into a thread. But you can't seem to do it the other way around (start a thread and then have the ability to add a wiki to it.) Unless I'm reading it wrong. I posted in the thread and I'll report back on the response.

I don't think it has the same function. It seems you can start a wiki, and then turn that into a thread. But you can't seem to do it the other way around (start a thread and then have the ability to add a wiki to it.) Unless I'm reading it wrong. I posted in the thread and I'll report back on the response.

Jaxel's addon is definitely worth trying.
You are correct it works slightly differently than slickdeals.
It also does lots of things slickdeals does not.

Agreed. But, in this instance, the one thing it does not do, is the one thing that I absolutely wanted.
But you know it can be done manually.
You would just have to disply the wiki article in the post with the wiki tags

Post 2
[wiki]wiki item name[/wiki]

and the wiki entry will display in the second post.

When you edit it ... you would need to go to the wiki.

I'd like to get a feature similar to Slickdeals.net's ability to have individual wiki's in thread that are editable by the users themselves. See:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5762730-My-Coke-Rewards-Discussion-Thread-Keep-Off-Topic-Posts-Limited

Would something like this be possible?
I've been wanting this on my site for quite some time. I just started laying out a plan on what I want to do for my site over the next few months and this was one of them. I plan on hiring a coder to get this done unless a quality coder here creates and and puts it up (only will install from a quality coder so if someone with poor quality code puts it up, I'll still hire someone else to code it for us). I'm willing to pay a premium for it too :)

I've been wanting this on my site for quite some time. I just started laying out a plan on what I want to do for my site over the next few months and this was one of them. I plan on hiring a coder to get this done unless a quality coder here creates and and puts it up (only will install from a quality coder so if someone with poor quality code puts it up, I'll still hire someone else to code it for us). I'm willing to pay a premium for it too :)

hey, you get any leads on that, you let me know. i'm willing to chip in myself. i already posted it up in the resource request forum.

hey, you get any leads on that, you let me know. i'm willing to chip in myself. i already posted it up in the resource request forum.
Ok, I'm not sure when it will be. If you happen to find someone, hit me up and I'll chip in also.

Still looking, in case anyone's found something. Seems like its the impossible dream at this point.
Have you tried finding devs for this? Like I said, I'll chip in!!! You'll also have to make sure that they will be willing to update it when 1.2 comes out in the event it stops working right.

Have you tried finding devs for this? Like I said, I'll chip in!!! You'll also have to make sure that they will be willing to update it when 1.2 comes out in the event it stops working right.

Well, I have the thread in the request forum. I had a guy PM me and he said he was all set to work on it, then he died off. Possibly literally.

Top Bottom