In-thread Wiki's & more

The Grand Potentate

Hi guys,

I'm going over a number of the forum software programs and you guys are very high up on my list. Let me caveat this by saying that I know absolutely nothing about web design or forum development, so if my questions seem noobis I've got several questions (and more to follow, I'm sure) but a few stand out at me right off the bat:

1) I'd like an in-thread wiki system like Slickdeals has. If you don't know what I mean, check here:

http://slickdeals.net/f/1837791-Discuss-finds-at-Home-Depot

All the wiki's are editable by all users, not only by the OP or mods. Something that's constantly evolving and isn't static. Its something that I'm VERY interested in, as I'd love the ability to be able to not have to tell noobs to "SEARCH NOOB" and can instead point to the wiki every time. Is there an add-on for this?

2) Is there a way to offer the forumites a pay-for-no-ads subscription? I.E. donate $2o and every time you login there's no ads on the site?

3) I'd like to have the forum be log-in only so you can't even see it until you do. When you hit the web address you get to a front page, like this:

https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

Is that possible?

4) This is silly, but I've always wanted animated smilies on my site, again, like they have on Slickdeals. Like the little smiley that goes nuts in a circle, or the jedi one. Is that an option?

5) Is there a 'new posts' button, or an option for one?

6) Is there a way to upload multiple images at a time? Also, is there a way to automatically resize exceptionally large images, to a certain standard size, and then have them open up to full size when clicked on?

7) Can you RSS subscribe to specific threads, or just whole forums?

I'm sure I'll come up with more later, but if you could help me with these, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Really? Because I couldn't find several of them. Mind sharing?

Well he said it can be done, not that it already is. And he's right, you could do all you want with the addon system or styling system. But some stuff you need like a wiki inside the thread is something not too many really want or need, so it's probably something you would create yourself or hire someone to create, unless someone has made it, I'm not sure.

Top Bottom