Lack of interest improved multilingualism

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

scskmg

I am a "newcomer" to XF, but very enthusiastic about the solution - high parametrisability (!!) It would really be a very pleasant advantage if XF would allow multilingualism in the content as well.

This way, titles and instructions could be pre-captured in multiple languages and come into full effect when the appropriate language is selected. Until now I have noticed that XF only allows system related translations and they work. Especially in Switzerland with 4 national languages it is already mandatory that a forum fully support at least two national languages (usually German and French).

With IPS and WoltLab (example) this seems to work. Why doesn't xenForo follow suit? ..or did I miss something in the numerous topics?

best regards
Michael

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In English please.
All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.

In English please.
..thank you for the hint, was actually not my intention (German). I have now looked at the posts from Saturday again (English) ..already very special (?) . Only the attachment with the description (PNG) was in German, because I had deposited one of the requests also at XENDACH.

Top Bottom