Improve the look of the text editor

Sir nick

Hello guys,

When i make a thread the box just doesn't seem to really blend. I wish it was fit to the end of the style and same with signature it just seems placed their really. Maybe redo the grey with the blue of the board to make it blend better?

Upvote 0
I'm guessing this is already on the list but the text editor (simple and advanced) looks like a throwback/add on and doesn't do the software any favours.

Every time I see it, it reminds me of all the things I don't like about other forum software.

I'm guessing this is already on the list but the text entry box (simple and advanced) looks like a throwback/add on and doesn't do the software any favours.

Every time I see it, it reminds me of all the things I don't like about vB.

I don't mind the way it looks now. Do you have any screenshots or mockups of how you would want it to look?

I'm guessing this is already on the list but the text entry box (simple and advanced) looks like a throwback/add on and doesn't do the software any favours.

Every time I see it, it reminds me of all the things I don't like about vB.

What do you mean exactly?

It just doesn't look like an integrated part of the software.
The colours are wrong, no shading or drop shadow, rounded corners, etc.

It looks like they just took it from vB and dumped it here as an afterthought

Attachments

• text_box.webp
    text_box.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 59
This being an unreleased early alpha version of the software, I think it's a given that a few things just won't be dazzling right now. Besides I can't see Kier & Co. letting the editor remain as is. ;)

It just doesn't look like an integrated part of the software.
The colours are wrong, no shading or drop shadow, rounded corners, etc.

It looks like they just took it from vB and dumped it here as an afterthought

Hmm... I have no problems whatsoever with it. But even in this case, it get's an overhaul. Interesting so see what!

To clarify, the 'look' hasn't been based on vB. Its TinyMCE - this is what it looks like as default.

I've recently been using CKEditor along side a bbcode plugin - I highly recommend Kier and Mike take a look (unless a custom one is in the pipeline!).

To clarify, the 'look' hasn't been based on vB. Its TinyMCE - this is what it looks like as default.
Thanks for the clarification, I don't know what TinyMCE is so the only place I've seen it before is on vB forums.

About the title btw, I don't think it looks awful. Especially for a first alpha of the first version.

Top Bottom