Improve the look of the text editor

Sir nick

Hello guys,

When i make a thread the box just doesn't seem to really blend. I wish it was fit to the end of the style and same with signature it just seems placed their really. Maybe redo the grey with the blue of the board to make it blend better?

Upvote 0
Not many functions? I think it's already a lot for quick reply. For 'More Options' I could understand it... For QR IMO just the basics and quote, code, spoiler tags are needed.

Not many functions? I think it's already a lot for quick reply. For 'More Options' I could understand it... For QR IMO just the basics and quote, code, spoiler tags are needed.

Definitely spoiler tags - you don't want to make people work to find those. Unless you like being spoiled. :)

I agree, I think spoiler code is used just as often as everything that's on there now - and more often than a lot of them.

I had a problem trying to extract the files for the BBcode manager, and I really really need the one for Flash.

Something needs to be done with the editor. Being honest it's a part of xenforo I absolutely think looks ugly, lacks features and doesn't do this product any justice whatsoever to the point I actually loathe the editor. IMO I feel the devs need to re-visit this area and improve upon the editor there's a handful of areas within it that need attention. :)

At this time, I'm not at all satisfied with it, and I can assume neither are the developers so I'm guessing given time and a little love we'll see some changes and improvements to it.

Something needs to be done with the editor. Being honest it's a part of xenforo I absolutely think looks ugly, lacks features and doesn't do this product any justice whatsoever to the point I actually loathe the editor. IMO I feel the devs need to re-visit this area and improve upon the editor there's a handful of areas within it that need attention. :)

At this time, I'm not at all satisfied with it, and I can assume neither are the developers so I'm guessing given time and a little love we'll see some changes and improvements to it.
Agreed. TinyMCE is a bloated mess and doesnt look good on XF at all.

Personally I think a unique editor needs to be made as MCE just doesn't fit in...the styling, design and interface of it are the complete opposite of XenForo's.

Who cares, it works (fine). There are other things way more important and still missing. A new editor will probably not even be on the to do list until the next release.

My gripe is smilies not being visible while posting. You have to click the smiley icon in order to choose one when it should be one click unless you need a niche smiley.

Who cares, it works (fine). There are other things way more important and still missing. A new editor will probably not even be on the to do list until the next release.

Although I agree with you partially this is still the area to post your suggestions, concerns no matter how insignificant, minute they may be. I can't see there being a new editor anytime soon but perhaps re-visiting the area soon to bring it to some kind of usable standard.

My gripe is smilies not being visible while posting. You have to click the smiley icon in order to choose one when it should be one click unless you need a niche smiley.

That is one of my peeves atm. The smilies need to be accessible without having to click the dropdown menu. Under the text box in rows would be great (suggested this) but to my understanding it's more complex than it sounds.

Has anyone noticed post #5 in this thread, by Brogan? It pretty much states that the editor WILL be improved eventually. No need to worry.

The ideas have been discussed and expanded on in other threads already. :)

I sometimes wonder why developers bother to add a search function to their sites...

Top Bottom