Lack of interest Improve breadcrumb navigation

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ian

Am liking many features here. :)

But the navigation is not quite right.

For members, Your Account & help (and maybe others) you need a Forums link in the navigation, otherwise clicking on Home takes you to the site home page rather than the forum home page as people might expect.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When navigating through the forums you have the home button on the breadcrumb bar. Is there any need for that particular button to navigate you to the homepage of the website? Afterall is that not what the Home Button on the Primary Navigation does for you.

The issue does not become apparent until you navigate outside of the board index and into say the members section or your account etc.

When in these areas you cannot navigate to the main board index unless you click on the Forums Tab on the Primary Navigation.

My suggestion is to either:

Change the Home button to link to either the Forums Board Index or make it so that the forums part appears in the breadcrumb inbetween home and Your Account/Members etc.

Just something that has been bothering me a little...
On the Members pages, we are inside the forums, so the breadcrumbs should display "Forums" after "Home" and before "Members". The same thing applies to the Search and Help pages.

breadcrumbs.webp

Hm, i have to disagree.

IMHO members aren't forum related.

People which are using the xenforo framework for there complete page have not only "forum specific" members.

When somebody registers on my page, he's a member and gets access to the blog, to the gallery, to the shop....
IF xenforo provides sometime a blog/gallery/whatever, there will be never a own memberlist for this content types.
it wouldn't make sense to have
home=>forum=>members
home=>blog=>members
home=>gallery=>members

Also the members page have a own tab, and it's not inside the forums tab, and the breadcrums and the navtabs "belongs" together.

(hope you know what i mean)

Hm, i have to disagree.

IMHO members aren't forum related.

People which are using the xenforo framework for there complete page have not only "forum specific" members.

When somebody registers on my page, he's a member and gets access to the blog, to the gallery, to the shop....
IF xenforo provides sometime a blog/gallery/whatever, there will be never a own memberlist for this content types.
it wouldn't make sense to have
home=>forum=>members
home=>blog=>members
home=>gallery=>members

Also the members page have a own tab, and it's not inside the forums tab, and the breadcrums and the navtabs "belongs" together.

(hope you know what i mean)

For the most common use (so... 99% of user? :)), members are xF's, and help & search are definitely xF related.

As for your examples we should (maybe) get:
- home > forums > members (also makes sense because members is after forums in the URL... shouldn't breadcrumbs respect/mirror URL hierarchy?)
- home > forums > blogs
- home > forums > gallery

Or maybe just have a choice.

Top Bottom