Impressions from using XF 1.2 beta 1

That's the most attractive Redactor redesign I've seen so far! I'm a fan of the color blue (another person did it in this thread), but this is great. Hopefully I see a resource for this. I want to put this on CODForums - I see a lot of lazy users on that site that I want to bring the editor out more.
Um, that's only for Redactor design, no? I wanted resource for the badges (ahem, banners) you had designed.

Um, that's only for Redactor design, no? I wanted resource for the badges (ahem, banners) you had designed.

That's not going to be released as a resource. However when I update my Charm theme feel free to copy my badges' CSS from there.

That's the most attractive Redactor redesign I've seen so far! I'm a fan of the color blue (another person did it in this thread), but this is great. Hopefully I see a resource for this. I want to put this on CODForums - I see a lot of lazy users on that site that I want to bring the editor out more.

I've got no problem in releasing the editor icon sprite. Not sure how suitable the image bb code icon will suit other forums though but chances are you'll see it released. It's coming along very slowly so unsure when it'll be completed but got a little more done, re-created the font colour bb code icon and added an arrow beside it (still pondering on whether to keep it or not).

Untitled-3.webp

Last edited:
I've got no problem in releasing the editor icon sprite. Not sure how suitable the image bb code icon will suit other forums though but chances are you'll see it released. It's coming along very slowly so unsure when it'll be completed but got a little more done, re-created the font colour bb code icon and added an arrow beside it (still pondering on whether to keep it or not).

View attachment 49805
Shelley, you should make the B more bold than the I and the U (which aren't bold)

Shelley, you should make the B more bold than the I and the U (which aren't bold)

I'm thinking of doing away with letters and trying for something a little more creative. Whether i find something that works is another story and I'll probably resort back to conveying those buttons with lettering.

Reactions: Lee
I'm thinking of doing away with letters and trying for something a little more creative. Whether i find something that works is another story and I'll probably resort back to conveying those buttons with lettering.

This could be interesting, I often thought about this myself but always ended up back to lettering. Could never think about a sensible way to portray them.

This could be interesting, I often thought about this myself but always ended up back to lettering. Could never think about a sensible way to portray them.

Yeah, it's a tough one to get right. I've done scores of designs and thrown them out but still persevering with it until I've had enough of trying. I'm nearly at that stage. :D

At least two users are upset about the upgrade because some addons that they like don't work anymore such as tapatalk for example. Oh well.

I uninstalled Tapatalk before the fix. I would reinstall it now but I want peeps to experience the new responsive design for awhile.

did you try it now with Beta3 ?
Putting the RM at the Homepage ?

:)

Just installed beta 3 around midnight last night because I was busy with Windows 8.1 preview and the little fish. Plus, WordPress 3.6 beta 4 really botched up the local install and that took some time to figure out what happened.

My plan is to play around this morning ... :D

Top Bottom