Importing Xenforo to Xenforo

I think the one positive thing vB had was that you can import vB into vB.
I agree. It seems like this particular customer has more than one xF database and wants to merge them together, or recently bought a site powered by xenforo, and wants to merge THAT into the pre-existing one.

I've had this question before and the only answer is from Brogan saying that you can import your database through php[insert software here] like phpmyadmin. But I don't know how that'd work AFTER the import is finished, I'm afraid that the board would break since - well there may be characters that xenforo doesn't recognize, or that there are duplicates....?

*Reads OP* AHH! Dark Wizard! :ROFLMAO: Hi!

From what I saw of the import of vB4 to vB4 it seemed buggy to say the least. In fact, importing anything from another software to vB4 was a failure. Any software. I almost tried a vB4 to vB4 transfer, was too scared to do so, so I deleted the old one.

I've had this question before and the only answer is from Brogan saying that you can import your database through php[insert software here] like phpmyadmin. But I don't know how that'd work AFTER the import is finished, I'm afraid that the board would break since - well there may be characters that xenforo doesn't recognize, or that there are duplicates....?
I have never said that.

The only way to import is via an importer.

There is currently no direct importer for XenForo, so it must be done via IPB, vB or phpBB.

I was trying to answer questions, and then you get all offended, or think you're being accused of something bad. It's like everytime I try something, you have nothing good to say. I do remember you saying that, I don't remember which thread.

Now, I'm the bad guy, AGAIN.

Now I have to find it just so that you're satisfied.

Searching didn't find me results, and searching through a few posts, I gave up. I'm sick right now and I don't have time for this.

You know what? Since you're all about satisfaction, I'm going to "retract" my comment and say you win. Want a prize?

Here! Everyone, Brogan didn't say that!

Happy!?

He said that only if you are moving servers, that's what I'm taking from it, he then said you must import into another forum script and then port back to xenforo to merge two different databases.
I saw that in my search and I just gave up. I do remember another thread about xf to xf import....But I can't really find it.

Now I got a warning from Brogan over that $#!^ - I'm currently sick and I don't need this to be added to my stress level. This is is making me more stressed because I think this is abuse of power.

My main question was how do I merge two active xenforo forums into one with out converting one of them to IPB and then sticking it into the other xF site. I don't own a IPB license but i do own vBulletin and Impex. Would this work with impex?

Top Bottom