1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Xenforo to Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by The Dark Wizard, Feb 8, 2012.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Whats the quickest way of handling this?
  2. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Import xenforo to IPB then IPB to xenforo (y)
  3. The Dark Wizard

I think the one positive thing vB had was that you can import vB into vB.
  4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I agree. It seems like this particular customer has more than one xF database and wants to merge them together, or recently bought a site powered by xenforo, and wants to merge THAT into the pre-existing one.

I've had this question before and the only answer is from Brogan saying that you can import your database through php[insert software here] like phpmyadmin. But I don't know how that'd work AFTER the import is finished, I'm afraid that the board would break since - well there may be characters that xenforo doesn't recognize, or that there are duplicates....?

*Reads OP* AHH! Dark Wizard! :ROFLMAO: Hi!
  5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

... unless it was vB4 to vB4, then you were up the creek for the longest time.
  6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

From what I saw of the import of vB4 to vB4 it seemed buggy to say the least. In fact, importing anything from another software to vB4 was a failure. Any software. I almost tried a vB4 to vB4 transfer, was too scared to do so, so I deleted the old one.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have never said that.

The only way to import is via an importer.

There is currently no direct importer for XenForo, so it must be done via IPB, vB or phpBB.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Like Jake said.
    (1) Export the whole Xenforo Database.
    (2) Import the DB into a new Xenforo install.
    (3) Delete the stuff you don't want.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Right. You never said that. Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

I remember that post very well.
  10. Brogan

Post it here or retract your comments.
  11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, so that you can embarrass me, again. Right? Nah, not worth it. That's all you do every time I post.

I'm not searching 18 thousand posts. But memory serves me right.
  12. Brogan

Carlos, you have accused me of posting something which I never have and never would.

Either back it up or retract it.
  13. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I was trying to answer questions, and then you get all offended, or think you're being accused of something bad. It's like everytime I try something, you have nothing good to say. I do remember you saying that, I don't remember which thread.

Now, I'm the bad guy, AGAIN.

Now I have to find it just so that you're satisfied.

Searching didn't find me results, and searching through a few posts, I gave up. I'm sick right now and I don't have time for this.

You know what? Since you're all about satisfaction, I'm going to "retract" my comment and say you win. Want a prize?

Here! Everyone, Brogan didn't say that!

14. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

15. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I saw that in my search and I just gave up. I do remember another thread about xf to xf import....But I can't really find it.

Now I got a warning from Brogan over that $#!^ - I'm currently sick and I don't need this to be added to my stress level. This is is making me more stressed because I think this is abuse of power.
  16. The Dark Wizard

My main question was how do I merge two active xenforo forums into one with out converting one of them to IPB and then sticking it into the other xF site. I don't own a IPB license but i do own vBulletin and Impex. Would this work with impex?
  17. Brogan

If vBulletin supports importing XenForo then that is the way to go.
  18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

There isn't any importers on Impex at this point.
  19. The Dark Wizard

This saddens The Dark Wizard greatly D:......Thanks for everyone's comments and ideas!
  20. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Could always try converting to phpBB if they have a convertor.