XF 1.1 Importing vbulletin 4 + vbseo forum to xenforo

Laurentius

Hello!

This is my first post here at XenForo, I am very excited about this change! :) I have a bulletin 4 forum with vbseo'd URL's in the ROOT directory on shared hosting! Can someone please give me a list of the steps I need to go through to complete the migration? I feel kind of unsure atm about how to do this...

Thank you very much!

Ok, great! Can I install everything in a directory and import everything to that directory, or should I move my forum to another directory and install xenforo in the root?

You can do it however you wish.

One of the methods is to install XenForo in a directory while you are working on it, doing test imports, etc., then move it to the final location once the migration is complete.

Changing the installation directory is very simple in XenForo: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory. You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.

That would suggest the install path you're navigating to is incorrect.

Double check where you have uploaded the files and that you uploaded them correctly; i.e the contents of the upload directory, not the actual upload directory itself.

No luck so far, strange really... I have uploaded the files from the upload folder twice now and the ftp program says it's all good, but when typing the install URL I still get Page Not Found

What Brogan said. Double check the location on the server where you uploaded the files and make sure you are visiting the corresponding URL. It is just a matter of matching the server and URL location. I can verify the locations if you are comfortable giving me FTP access.

Ok, I have uploaded all the files to domain.com/forum/ and when entering domain.com/forum/install I can see the xenforo header but also page not found. It must be something wrong with the FTP client or something, all the files seems to be in the install directory I have double checked. Later today Ill download the xenforo 1.1.0 and try with that. Version and if that doesn't work you can check my FTP I'll send you a pm!

For the import you should disable your vB4. Set the disable hooks Setting in the config.php and backup your Database and all files. this works very fast, if you have SSH Access to your web.

Top Bottom