Importing old XF into new XF installation

maxwolfie

My first issue is resolved (sort of). Please see my third post for my main problem now.

I will try to be as short as possible to avoid confusion.

Basically I have an old XF database, that I want to import only the users and threads/posts from, as it seems that it is corrupted/damaged in some way. When I load it in it's entirety (i.e. change my config.php so that it just loads the old database, rather than the new DB), it displays the ACP in a strange, very small font amongst many other problems, some which cause the board to be completely broken. I have attached a file of what the ACP looks like. The actual board does not even load, it's completely blank.

I have created a new database that I want to extract the non-damaged information from only. How do I do this, as simply as possible? If I need to use phpmyadmin to copy across certain tables manually, that's fine, but I'm going to need a list of every table that is required.

Alternatively, if it would be easier to somehow fix the old database, I'm all ears.

EDIT: Progress! I tried removing the corrupted style from my broken ACP and it worked! There are a few anomalies like "installed" addons that aren't actually installed, and avatars that don't exist, but I'm sure I can fix those.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 1
Update: This is what drives me crazy about XF. It is so S-L-O-W.

See attached, I'm trying to install XenPorta and it's been on this page for about 5 minutes.

EDIT: Make that 10-15 minutes. I need to fix this ASAP!

Attachments

• Untitled2.webp
    Untitled2.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
I have only the default style installed.

I'm getting to the point where I'm think it's probably best just to wipe and start again anyways. I originally imported from phpBB, and now I've chopped and changed things up enough to make a real mess of everything. The only thing that I think I'd even consider keeping at this point is the xf_users table, which hopefully I can export via phpmyadmin and import them back into a completely fresh installation of XF and a completely free DB to go with it.

At this point in time though, I'm at a complete standstill until I get a solution for the ridiculously slow speeds I am experiencing. It makes administering the board IMPOSSIBLE - I.e., as I mentioned above, if I try to install an addon such as XenPorta, it will install (slowly) and then take forever when refreshing cache (particularly the phrases cache, it ALWAYS gets stuck on that one). It seems slow nonetheless though, for any of the caches. I need a solution for this slowness before attempting to bother doing anything else.

I have emailed my host (StableHost - who, so far, have been excellent) to see if they can do anything.

My website is www.hackslashrepeat.com

Top Bottom