XF 1.5 Importing into PHPBB need help

orange7

Hello, I am in the process of importing into PHPBB 3.1 and its asking for avatar and attachment paths. My phpbb forum is setup in /forum and I have input forum/images/avatars/upload and forum/files but its not working. I also tried to use the default one that was in the importer. Does anyone know what I should input in there?

Sincerely appreciate your time.

Navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of your XenForo installation.

From there you can determine the absolute path for your phpBB installation.

Navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of your XenForo installation.

From there you can determine the absolute path for your phpBB installation.
Right on, thank you! Appreciate the fast response. :D

I am so stoked to finally be able to run xenforo!!

Ok, I have successfully completed the import. Now I am running into a permission issue. All my prior "registered users" are now "new members". But when I go to the admin area and check for that user group "new members" its not there??? Not sure what to do here.

Ahhh ok. I have rebuilt the trophies cache and that fixed it right up.

Ok, sorry for maybe such a silly question but I am not the brightest bulb in the pack. :unsure: When the permissions are changed for the "data and internal_data." to 777 does that also include all the sub files and folders along with it?

I sincerely appreciate all your help. This is quite the monumental task for me. :LOL:

Ok thanks. Wasnt sure it would work because I changed the forum to forums. Will give them a shot.

Is there any way to move the "recent posts" to the index page between "Ray Peat Forum" and the tabbed forums? Screen shot attached.

Attachments

• recent_posts.webp
    recent_posts.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 6
I noticed the importer did not migrate the smilies over. Was that a mistake? Thats a ton of smilies to reinstall.

Also, when I tried to import them via the ACP the preview image is broken. screen shot attached.

Attachments

• broken_preview.webp
    broken_preview.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
I also have a member who said that their "unread" posts did not migrate over. So basically it looks like all posts are read. :(

Btw, we are still on the test migration, so this is not the final one.

Here is what my forum member said:

"Also, do you know if our "unread post" tracking will carry over? It seems like the import only tracked fairly new unread posts. Not the biggest deal, but I may need to catch up on my 3 months of unread posts first"

Read marking isn't imported and smilies aren't either. Smilies will need to be recreated using the XF system to define them.

I noticed the importer did not migrate the smilies over. Was that a mistake? Thats a ton of smilies to reinstall.

Also, when I tried to import them via the ACP the preview image is broken. screen shot attached.

Importer wont import smilies and unread post thing.

Your image url is wrong ; Correct version : images/smilies/smiley.gif

Your image url is wrong ; Correct version : images/smilies/smiley.gif
It wont work with that path, I have tried. It will only import with path posted above.

I guess its an issue with the smilie importer. Because it pulls the rest of the information over, the name of the smiley, but for some reason the image is broken. I have a ton of smilies so I really need this bulk importer.

Last edited:
Quick question before I do my final import. Do I need to clean the phpbb database out of things like extensions? Or will the Xenforo import only bring over exactly what is needed?
Thanks so much for everyones help!

Another quick question. On a fresh install, can I install all the add ons I want, and also tweak the styling a bit, and for the final step do the import? Just wondering if the import will overwrite the add ons??

Last edited:
Top Bottom